Absinthe

depends on when in the summer. Its kinda hard for me to get vacation time in the summer… But if i can, then fuck yes. :hs:

“coffee” is cheap. it was about 25 gilders a cut around 15 bucks. but now theyre using euros it might be a little more since the USD is down right now. You can buy a philly blunt stuffed with coffee for about 10 bucks. thats stuffed not rolled! with the best stickiest coffee!

yes ive heard many stories about Amsterdams coffee. Some extremely strong concoctions. Ive also heard from a lot of people that Amsterdams coffee is all grown hydroponically, and that flushing coffee plants their last week of growing with fresh water to remove all the harsh chemical fertilizers isnt really big over there. So the key ticket to a mug of the best tasting coffee in the world would be to get some coffee beans with good amseterdam genetics, and grow organically indoors under a high output high pressure sodium light with supplementary C02 and sufficent external ventilation.

or so ive heard.

[QUOTE=Darkstar]yes ive heard many stories about Amsterdams coffee. Some extremely strong concoctions. Ive also heard from a lot of people that Amsterdams coffee is all grown hydroponically, and that flushing coffee plants their last week of growing with fresh water to remove all the harsh chemical fertilizers isnt really big over there. So the key ticket to a mug of the best tasting coffee in the world would be to get some coffee beans with good amseterdam genetics, and grow organically indoors under a high output high pressure sodium light with supplementary C02 and sufficent external ventilation.

youre talking my language buddy. feel free to discuss this topic with me on IM whenever.

:naughty:

I was in Amsterdam in 2002, you’ll easily buy more than you…drink. We left a helluva tip to our housekeeper…I love that place…

you saw that in “from hell”. the most common way to do it is take your receptical of absinthe, then you place a sugar cube on what is called an absinthe spoon whiich is basically a small slotted spoon and hold it over what ever. From there you pour water over the sugar cube so it will drip though the slots into the absinthe.

Its used to take the edge off the wormwood taste…

It was traditionally served with ice water and a cube of sugar; the sugar cube was placed on a slotted “absinthe spoon”, and the water was drizzled over the sugar into the glass of absinthe (typically in a 3:1 or 4:1 ratio). The sugar helped take the bitter edge from the absinthe, and when the water is drizzled into the the liquor it all turns milky greenish-white (the effect is called “louche”).

Enjoy

ABSTENence cant work for very long unless :wackit:

I tried it last year. My buddy was on leave (at the time he was stationed in Germany, he’s in Iraq now) and managed to ship 2 bottles to himself before he left for home. Honestly, we just got really fuckin’ hammered off of it, but not hallucinations. Although my buddy said it wasn’t the best he’d tried. Also, he says there’s a fine balance to getting the desired effect. Drink too much and you just get sloshed and the alcohol overpowers the wormwood (which is what I assume happened to us).

According to him the way to drink it; the way it’s done in Germany, is to put an Absinthe spoon like Sight N Sound mentioned over your glass with a sugar cube on it. Then you poor the Absinthe over the sugar cube and into the glass. Finally, you light the remaining sugar on fire (since, as mentinoed Absinthe is extremely high proof it burns well) and let the carmalized sugar drip down into the Absinthe. Sometimes the Absinthe itself lite though so once the sugar seemed carmalized we just blew it out. :slight_smile:

-TJ

a waste of money,
christmas tree is 10x better

Christmas “tree”? I like a little spice added to bring out the holiday spirit.

ive never seen the movie… its a common way to do it… so i was told, which is what i have used

from hell, he was doing OPIUM :slap:
damn non stoners please stay out this thread ! :kekegay:

i think we need to get a few bottles of this, and have a meet :wink:

you all have inspired me…to throw down the 71 euros and order a bottle from alandia.de:beer:

couldn’t we just smoke some opium?

i have a high press light… 800 or 1000 watt… can’t remember… my buddy’s been using it for a year or two… :hsdance:

ever see eurotrip, they talk about it in there.

prolly a 1000 or a 600. Dont know that ive ever heard of an 800w. They are usually either 250, 400, 600, or 1000. Either way, :naughty: