AC Question

So my AC in my car isnt as cold as i think it should be…

For ex. in my dads car it blows alot colder, and others notice that mines not that cold either

What would you do to make it colder…if possible

Would one of those recharge cans solve this??

check pressures. maybe the fan isn’t turning on, or maybe there is a restriction in a line. it’s under warranty still isn’t it? take it to the dealer.

Don’t you have a new car?!?1

Do you run AC on recirc?

What effect does recirc have? I use the recirc almost exclusively.

recirc is recirculating cold air, so the ac is working less to make the air cold because it already is.

Recirc recirculates the air in the cabin. Its easier to cool air and remove the moisture in it on air thats already been cooled and had some of the moisture removed haha. Get a thermostat and place it in the center vents. Close the windows, turn the fan on high and let it sit for a few minutes. Read temp. Report back to us with that temperature and the temperature outside when you tested it. This will help us tell you if its working properly.

Fuck it ill take it in to the dealer
its still under warranty

Maybe its low on R-134a… but either way the dealer will check it.

either a) pee on the ac condenser or b) have the dealer check it out…I’ve personally noticed that some cars just don’t have very cold ac. I’m guessing it is mainly the way the car was designed. The ac in my friends cobra and in my vette both don’t blow super cold, but we guess it is because they are sports cars. The AC in my s-10 was probably the coldest ac I’ve ever felt. It would get so cold that when i’d get out my glasses would fog up due to the temp/humidity change.

[quote=“ultradriver10000,post:9,topic:31518"”]

either a) pee on the ac condenser or b) have the dealer check it out…I’ve personally noticed that some cars just don’t have very cold ac. I’m guessing it is mainly the way the car was designed. The ac in my friends cobra and in my vette both don’t blow super cold, but we guess it is because they are sports cars. The AC in my s-10 was probably the coldest ac I’ve ever felt. It would get so cold that when i’d get out my glasses would fog up due to the temp/humidity change.

[/quote]

has nothing to do with it. they should all perform relatively the same depending on outside conditions. pressures need to be in certain areas and of course there are compressor differences. but temp’s should always be 40-45.