AC Blows Hot??(180sx)

When i ourchased the car (180sx SR20) the Air Conditiong never worked. The AC clutch would engage every i put the AC on and it just blows hot air. The AC lines have pressure in them so i dont think there is a leak.

I bought a Recharge kit from Part Source and put in new gas stuff in the AC lines. It still blows hot as before.

I am wondering what else could be wrong with my AC to make it blow really hot air and not cold??

Could it be a bad AC Compressor, problem with climate control, problem with some of the AC parts under the dash??

I appreciate any help

thanks

sorry for being offtopic but how come all the cars I see through exporters ac does not work.

if you put the partsource thing in (aka redteck) and you did not evac the whole system and fill it with NEW refigerant you will need a new compressor at the least.

Have fun.

what’s ur coolant temp set at?

Not sure how would i find out?

Mine works fine.

Also, something you could look into, is finding someone that can retro-fit your ac to not use freon, run it with propane. It will be so cold your hair will freeze.

I am guessing you have a digital climate controller …that is the reason

do it twice

my climate control is the same as this one

http://www.importconcern.ca/stock/100165/36.jpg

not sure if thats the digital one your talking about

^ good link!!! :smiley:

If yours is just like the one in the picture you might want to try pushing it to cold. Just because you have AC and the button is pushed in, does not mean its actually going to blow cold air :stuck_out_tongue:

I always have it on the cool side

When it was rain ing today (a little cool out) i got it to blow cold air. I dont think it was AC but rather just cool air.(my car always blows hot)

So i think it is an electrical problem i think i will have to pull the dash off and snoop around till i find the problem

I finally got around to pulling the dash off.

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/8850/dashop9.jpg

I am not sure what to look for. Could there be a problem with a relay, thermostat, climate control, other things.

What should i look for if my car constantly blows heat no matter what is is set at??