Air Condition

Hello,
well since the weather is getting warmer, i decided to turn on my AC. But nothing. The person i got the car from said the AC was working fine before they parked the car for about a year.

When i press the AC button it does not light up.

I checked the Fuse and it is good. Also there is a relay for the Air condition, how do you know if that is good?
How do you check the compressor?

Any suggestions before i take it to a mechanic and pay a arm and a leg…

Thanks

open ur windows and sunroof…cheap air conditioning haha

Lol thats what I do, Cuz I have the very same problem is Chiney

no light means theres no freon, try putting some in and see if it works…
i did that and it only wokred for 2 days. i have a leak somewhere.

if u have access to air tools etc, u can blow air through the system to check for leaks. Thats what i did on my sister jeep it saved her alot of money because the freon is expensive.

wat type of freon is used for the sr20det?
cause last time I checked, they didn’t make it for that nozzle type and I believe the older ones are not in production because it’s hazadous to the ozone

they dont use feeon anymore. check ur condesor and make sure theres no leaks. do the air tool thing that was metnitoned cuz if u bring it to crappy tire they do the same ting but wiht a steam machine.

cool, so how do i put air into the system?? is it the same place as where you would put freeon in? do you need a special adapter to put air in???

thanks

we used an adapter at my old garage, im sure u could find the adapter, try an air conditioning place or something maybe ct would have it but u would need to know the thread and everything

they dont use feeon anymore. check ur condesor and make sure theres no leaks. do the air tool thing that was metnitoned cuz if u bring it to crappy tire they do the same ting but wiht a steam machine.

cool, so how do i put air into the system?? is it the same place as where you would put freeon in? do you need a special adapter to put air in???

thanks

we used an adapter at my old garage, im sure u could find the adapter, try an air conditioning place or something maybe ct would have it but u would need to know the thread and everything