A/C Question

When i bought my car, it was equiped with A/C. But when i want to turn it on, my car still idles like normal, and the button doesn’t even light up. what could be the problem of this issue…like other ppl, their compressor spins, but i don’t hear, see or feel anything from the a/c, could it just be one of the lines leaked all the shit out? or just an electricle problem?
need a/c badly…help.

be a man.

you can do a small test I guess, by slowly unscrewing one of the hoses from the AC unit if you hear free-on escaping then theres no leak, if you hear nothing then … obviously

or you can just push a screwdriver into the release valve like your supposed to do

your compressor won’t turn on unless you have some refrigerant in your AC system. The tripple pressure switch (I think that’s what it’s called) won’t be on and your compressor won’t turn because the relay that supplies the voltage to the compressor won’t be energized (well, the contact from the relay really)…

That’s the basic idea of our A/C systems in our cars.

So the first thing you should do is check for the gas and make sure you have the right amount in there and it’s under the proper pressure. I think you can find that info in the FSM.

If that’s all ok, try to turn on the a/c. If it doesn’t work, then you might have an electrical problem somewhere. The FSM will guide you through all that as well.

hey thanks, i’ll try it out, after i find out what FSM is …:slight_smile: :?:

lol
Factory Service Manual
This is the S13 one
http://carfiche.com/manuals020/cars/Nissan_240SX_91-94.zip

i had the same exact problem, i had no freeon in the main line which is located at the bottom between the exhaust manifold and the strut tower, so i ended up taking out what was left of the freeon in the main line and refilled it, like lith was saying if there isnt any freeon in the lines high/low pressure switch wont give signal to the ecu to turn on the compressor

go to CT or part source and just buy the ac refill and put 2cans in which is 2pounds what the ac system takes

lol
Factory Service Manual
This is the S13 one
http://carfiche.com/manuals020/cars/Nissan_240SX_91-94.zip[/quote]

“FORBIDDIN, i do not have permission to view this page”

the service maual should teach me how and where to release and refill.??

don’t wanna get up just yet, still in bed…so i rather ask before i start looking through the book

If you have the R12 system (pre 1994) you need to convert it because the gas sold now is R134 (94+).

Thanks for the DL, i really needed this manual.

go to CT or part source and just buy the ac refill and put 2cans in which is 2pounds what the ac system takes

i went to part source, and checked out the refill cans, just a question, you said 2 cans = 2 pounds, but the guy said 2 cans = 1lb. but if you put 2 in, then i guess 2 is enough then. gonna do it when i have extra cash.

A/c working, thanks to JDMPANDA for helping me out, he got his working also. A/C blows ice cold, but the problem is that, when i have it on, and i drive, the clutch and pedal feels like theres 30 rusty springs attached to it.

hey calvin i need your help in making my ac work on the accord… are you free on sat?

“FORBIDDIN, i do not have permission to view this page”

Try here…

http://www.phatg20.net/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=66

whats wrong though, just needs freon?
plus, i’m free on sat, until 430

i think so not too sure tho i’ll give you a call on sat

weird, i dont have that problem, just notice minimal power lose, everything else feels fine

My A/C is working, but it blows warm air, i think its because i put the lube and leak stopper in which was two cans, and filled up the line. So it only took very little of the actual freon, causeing it to be cold for only 2 days. So my question is, can i release all the gas/freon out of the system and put a fresh two cans back in? the ones i got, they said its not as harmful, so i won’t give a shit about the envoirment. or theres special way to do it…? i know i can just put the hose on the high pressure outlet on the front and it will let everything out, but will it cause any problems?

hey calvin thanks alot my a/c’s blowing ice cold air haha
yes i can enjoy the ac on my beater accord when it’s a hot sunny day =)