Air Conditioning

Alright, so im in the middle of removing my engine and decided that it would be good to also get rid of the a/c. Now… I didnt read before so, my car may still have refrigerant in it. Wondering if there is a way to check? or if I can take the a/c out anyways? ummm advice? im a little stuck now lol

bolt cutters to the lines. park it outside or leave the garage open. Come back ten min later.

:slight_smile:

orr

Take it to a suitible a/c repair certified garage and have them evacuate the system in a proper environmentally safe manner.

:stuck_out_tongue:

YOU CHOOOSE!

I JUST did this a few days ago, best thing to do is…:
unbolt the high pressure release valve line from the compressor
stick a rag over the rachet while you do this so nothing sprays on you…
than just unbolt it… and ull hear the fluid escape…
leave it for a bit… till its all gone… (dont breathe that shit in…)
and unbolt the rest of the junk

to check pressure youll need the auto adapters in order to hook a set of manifold gauges to the high/low side valves (if your going that route), if not driftacular has the right idea, r134a is one of the better refrigerants for the atmosphere anyways lol goodluck

k I have no idea about anything in the air conditioning system. What does the compressor look like.

I know theres a black canister close to where the maf sensor is, has tons of hoses going to and from it.

Then theres a sliver thing on the other side. Its like coned shape. has 2 metal hoses.

Then there is the other radiator thing, I unbolted 1 metal pipe going to the radiator. nothing leaked out… good sign? my a/c hasn’t worked since I bought the car (2 years ago) so maybe it has no fluid in the system, I dunno

Thanks for the help

Oh I cant take it too a shop, engine is pretty much out lol. Dont want to put it back together

the black canister is a carbon canister… nothing to do with AC… its gas lines

u said u unbolted 1 metal pipe… than there should be nothing left… if u still want to double check with my step… but i now doubt anything is in there… the compressor is bolted to ur motor… the line coming from the AC radiator thingy(driver side) goes down, discount that from the big block thingy with the pulley on it…there should also be the lower pressure line, coming from your firewall, that also goes around the engine and down to the compressor…
so hopefully your able to find it now
to better your search… this is a compressor:

located at the bottom front driverside of your motor… u probably unbolted it off the motor when pulling it…

their will be a ac condenser in front of the rad i believe…and a metal canaster near the battery…just follor the lines off the compressor posted ^^ and then removed everything along the way

Ok, So I found a guide :slight_smile: haha. Im guessing those 2 bolts at the top of the condenser in the pic you showed are the lines that you were taking about?

Yah, I found the condenser it was a bitch to get my rad out, the e-fan kept getting tangled.

Thanks for the help guys

was there refrigerant or “gas” in the system?

Nope, got it all out. Thanks for all the help. HOly shit does that compressor weigh a shit load. It almost fell on my face ahahah

haha, you wanna get rid of your a/c and i wish i had it!

you want the stuff? Its yours if you come pick it up. All pipes, compressor, evaporator, etc. Up to you

Not to sure if it works though, so it could be a waste

Seriously, the only thing stopping me from getting an S-chassis again, is that A/C is a must for me, I’d have to find one with fully working A/C. It was okay when I was 18, but now no amount of hp gain could make me sweat my ass off in the summer.