Removing A/C pipes

I’m going to remove whats left of my A/C system this weekend.
I’m leaving my condenser in cause it protects my rad somewhat.

So, my question is:

the two aluminum pipes that run from the fire wall to the compressor/condensor to compressor. Do I just hack saw those off :? I don’t seem to see any fitings, but maybe I’m blind. I thought there would be some sort of fitting present? I see that the line that goes to the firewall turns into a flexible hose.

Anyway,

any input is great.

Thanks,

Andrew.

:lol:
thats what I said to myself, I hate to butcher tho.

Take everything out. Your rad doesn’t need extra protection. And yes, u have to cut the lines somewhat to be able to take it out as far as i remember.

When I did my swap I took out the compressor. Now I have jingle bells playing when my car is running. The AC lines vibrate against my engine mount.

I think its time to take them out :lol:

I’m going to chop them off tonight hehe

Maybe I’ll take some pics

Bah, you should have chopped them when you did your swap it makes it
a heck of alot easier. Just ziptie them I did.

Always go the extra mile to do a cleaner job and don’t half ass it in the start. The end results will be better and you’ll be happier for it.

how did you remove the freon? i forget how the lines are designed, if the freon is still trapped in the lines and you cut them, not only are you breaking the law which could get you a huge fine, but theres a good chance you will kill yourself.

I have no idea, I had nothing in my lines. Had been leaking for so long.

ohkay i checked how the system is designed, if you have already disconnected the lines then the system is depressurized, and you’ve let it all into the atmosphere (bad). but fell free to chop them because they are now free of freon.

references:

NOTE: one of the best sites for swaping in an SR20DET, and they talk about the a/c lines before the eninge gets pulled.
http://health.allrefer.com/health/refrigerants-info.html
exposure to freon, what happens … mmmmm vomiting up blood, sounds like fun!

I had none in my lines, my A/C didn’t work and had not been refilled for like 6 years. My condensser was leaking bad. I came to the conclusion there was none in my lines. I was right, when I disconnected the lines from the compressor there was no hissing sound and vomiting didn’t follow.

I’m still here as well…

thats cool. i hoped that there was resoning involved and there was, but the post was also aimed towards others who didn’t know that and want to remove a/c lines.