over filled a/c

bought that little polar bear recharge guy, and i think i over filled it a bit. the compressor would kick on and off constantly. so i drained some out. the pressure reads where it should now (around 30-40ish) but still seems to kick on and off.

should i drain more and refill?
let it go, its one of those things that just fixes itself?
just roll the fucking windows down?

thoughts?

A/C fucks with my eyes, windows ftw.

Compressors always switch on off.

Let it run at full blast for a while.

full blast for about 10/15 minutes…

…or windows…

windows ftw…ac is waste of power and money

ummm, yea windows down…its summer time :stuck_out_tongue:

windows down because AC kills my powa!!

yeah, but its doing it like
on off on off on off

i let a some out, and its not doing it at idle anymore; however, on the highway its still being lame.

i think the high pressure side switch keeps cutting the compressor off because there is too much r134a in the system :frowning:

theres to much in there still

30-40 lbs seems a lil high. check under the hood or call the dealer. i think you have WAY too much in there…pretty sure most system only hold 8-10lbs

hm…

i like to be roasted inside my car.

did u fill it with that gauge thingie??

you need to have your a/c serviced by someone with the right equipment those cans are a waste of money most cars hold between 1to 3 lbs depending on size it should be evacuated vacumed and charged with the right stuff i have all the stuff pm me if you want me to check it out

:tup: agreed

Can you PM me the cost on doing this on my Fiances FOrd focus. Cars about 5 years old and AC is getting weak. Thanks

Jeller

not true gm’s use variable compressors. hence v5/v7 compressors. and 30-40 for the low side is technically a little high depending on the ambient air temperature. low side usually between 28-30. outside air temperature has a direct effect on the pressures of an a/c system. if in fact you must use one of those silly little cans to do it. her’es some tips:

1. turn car on with a/c on vents and max
  2. stick a thermometer into the vent to read your a/c output temperature.
  3. when the temp reaches between 38-45 degrees blowing out of the vents stop filling it.
  4. always put the caps on the schrader (sp?) valves because it will slowly leak out.

let a little more out and its fine and dandy. best 30 beans i ever spent (at least the best i ever spent not on beer)

or hookers?

on a black saab with black leather it is ok. my a/c didnt work in my black saab, it was miserably hot.