Accident at auto auction

Gowanda man killed in accident at Newstead auto auction firm

Updated: 04/08/08 4:01 PM

The Erie County Sheriff’s Office has identified a man who was killed this morning when he was struck at a Newstead car auction as William F. Bushnell, 54, of Gowanda.
Authorities said that Bushnell, who was working for an auto dealer, was fatally injured at 10:28 a.m. at Adessa Auto Action at 12090 Main Road.
He was hit by a pickup truck operated by Roseann D. Adornetto, 52, of Buffalo. Adornetto, who had been hired by Adessa through a temporary agency to move cars, was pulling into a bay at the auction when she lost control of the truck, investigators said.
Both Bushnell and Adornetto were taken to Erie County Medical Center.
Bushnell died of his injuries. Adornetto was treated for back injuries.
Sheriff’s deputies impounded the truck Adornetto was driving to determine whether mechanical problems played a role in the incident.

-Buffalo News

I was here when this occurred, it was the first time I have seen something this serious in person. It really puts you in your place, how fast life can be taken from you. It was amazing, it put a major hole in a concrete wall.

RIP…

back injuries huh? trying to play the poor me card when she fucked up.

just another example of why woman shouldnt drive.

Shitty way to go

X2

Me and my pops were gonna go up there today, cant believe that happened very rare, I wonder whats gonna happen too the lady

I bet they are going to change their policies now. Less freedom to walk around cars as they come in and up the lanes.

ehh I would like to know what kind of truck it was…if they would consider a Jeep a truck it is not unheard of that the accelerator sticks.

i bet she was asian too

My brother works at Delta Sonic and tells me there is a code they yell out when a Jeep comes through, so everyone knows to stay the hell out of the way.

why hire intellegent employees when you can hire temps cheaper

:word:

I went to school with his son…i think he owned or worked at the Pontiac Dealership in Gowanda.

Not a good way to go. RIP.

yea i heard on the news yesterday morning… sucks to hear…RIP

yeah delta when i worked there if you worked in the detail shop and there was a jeep parked outside you had to get a manager to drive the jeep onto the belt and off the belt, if you didnt you would get a write up and possibly sent home for a 3 day suspension and review. i cant remember if it was just a write up or if you got the 3 day suspension as well. but yeah. pretty gay when a jeep came around though.

I worked there back in the day and all the temps they hire are crack heads. Adesa’s property is like an old quarry so the lot that all the cars are in are surrounded by verticle cliffs. Well one time one of the temps Adesa hired to come in and move cars on a sale day somehow hit one of these cliffs. Mind you all of these cliffs are atleast 50ft from the parking lot itself. He drove head on through 50ft of gravel into a 20ft high cliff. Max speed on the lot is 5mph but everyone goes atleast 15mph. So its not like he was driving and didnt see the cliff then skidded through the gravel and hit it. He hit the thing after he was supposed to turn left 60ft before the cliff.

General society = The suck

damn that sucks RIP…

it was terrible… my brother was there when it happened as well and said it was just gross. I feel bad for the family because who would have thought going to the auction to buy cars could get you killed.

RIP

It was a dodge ram… the story that i heard was someone was messing with the motor out side running up the rpms to hear how it ran and it went into gear and the lady meant to stop but continued to smash the gas…

doh, shitty way to go out. RIP.

On the off topic, last summer, or the year before, I remember seeing a white Grand Cherokee launched out of DeltaSonic on NFB, across the median, and nail the jewelers building across the street…