Acura TL-S

my girl is seriously considering a TL-S. we might be going to look at one tonight at spitzer
Im thinking if we can get 15-$16,000 for her 06 civic at trade in, (she owes 10,126) then put 2 - $3,000 down on top of that she might consider buying a TL-S.
She wants a blue one, but dunno if she’ll go for the 6spd manual, probably the 5spd with paddle shifters

anyone have one? like it? I hear it gets great reviews and is a very nice and decent performing car. basically, if we can get it for around 350/mo or under then theres a pretty good chance she’ll go for it.

It’ll be at first-bass the next day for tint, remote start :smiley:

my mom’s got one from a few years ago, so its not a type S. i dont really know what extra things that trim level gets you… except for the wheels, which i like.
the car is great though. the navigation option is definitely worth it. comes with the bluetooth, voice command, etc.

I really liked both the auto TL and the 6-speed TL that I have driven and would think the S would be just a tad better. I think your potential monthly payment is overly optimistic though. Aren’t the new TL-S’s like 38 grand? Even if you get the amount you would want for a trade, taxes will eat up a large portion of your proposed money down leaving you with 30,000+ to finance. Even a slightly used or leftover 07 is not going to be much less. But let us know what they offer as there are at times some decent deals on TL’s.

Why is this in off topic?

figure a $350 payment is financing roughly $17,000-18,000…so you roughly can come with $8,000-9,000 to the table…so hope to get on in the $27K range…very rough figures off the top of my head.

theres always the thought of having her step dad buy the TL and make payments to him.( he’s absolutely loaded, and would probably pay in cash just to show off) he wanted to do that with the civic.

Unless you’re only interested in the S-model I would suggest go check out some certified used TL’s as very little as changed over the years in those cars since the 04’s. The auto’s are generally pretty easy to find in any color/interior/feature combination you might want and the certified used ones carry a 7yr (iirc)/100k mile warranty that in most cases leaves you with more time and/or miles than the new car warranty from acura. Also you could find one in your desired payment range.

Or the step dad idea could work also :smiley:

Also keep in mind a new version is due out in the next year or two which will most likely rather drastically drop the value of the current model (as happened to the 03’s when then 04’s came out)

Yeah, I would wait and see how the new ones look and how they affect the price of the current TL-S models. Also, IMO, you may want to stay away from the step-dad idea, becuase then she will feel like she “owes” him for the entire time that she has the car and that just causes lots of problems. See if there is any way that you can get it on your own first.

we didnt make it tonight to check one out. probably sometime this week.
that is a really good idea tho, wait til new ones come out and get a cheap 08.

only problem is she REFUSES to ever buy a used car again in her life… :rofl:

What’s her body look like, thats really the most important thing

stellar financial decision

i need a bigger post count thread

:rofl:

very nice

high five !!!

yes yes, very nice

we make sexy time now

I was out there like a week ago and they had 2 used auto type s out front of the show room. i think one was a demo, if i remember right they were both at or near 30k used.

my buddy bought an 08 pearl white… its such a nice car!