adding cigarette light sockets

I am thinking about adding a cigarette lighter socket in the trunk of my car to power a cooler when i make the trip across america again this year. Has anyone ever done this? I am thinking i just need a 12v source and probably throw a fuse in there and then ground it out.

anyone have any opinions or suggestions?

you have a cig light plug and an accessory plug too? cause i know they make some of the cig plugs fairly long and you can just run it back that way.

i did the exact same thing to run my power inverter in my Capri. it’s exactly as easy as you think it is.

where did you run the power from?

i was thinking i have an amp wire coming back i could run it to a block then split it off from there.

i ghetto-rigged it.

i cut the wire to my cig lighter and added a line off of it, ran it under my center console, under the back seat, to the trunk. shitty, shitty job.

i would do what you said. run an amp wire to the trunk, put a block in. that way if you want to add anything else, the source is already there.

i got some power point out of some gm!!!yukons & envoys have rear mouted ones ,just need to hook up a relay!!its ez!

adding cigarette outlets is as easy as changing spark plugs on a geo metro,
now if it was an LS1 trans am thats a whole different story

why’s that??? :mrT:

i have one in the hatch of my car… :tongue:

hoook a brother up!!

no problem!!!

just run a heavy enough gauge wire from the accessory positive terminal under your hood to the trunk, setup a good ground in the trunk and the inline fuse and you’re golden. you might want to either put a switch on the ground line or just unplug whatever you’re powering or else you could have a dead battery after sitting for a while.

when could i come down? do you think this will add any horsepower?

sat or sun or when ur in tghe area!!!17.5 hp !!! :cool:

ok i will see what this weekend has in store for me but i am thinking sunday would be good… i got new stickers for you too

you need to send the jetta to pimp my ride, they will hook you up.

please, they only work on mustangs fool :kekegay:

…and Daihatsu HiJets…

You comin’ to Cali again?

-TJ

me? getting on the plane at 5.