Adirondacks - Any Suggestions?

So I’m going up to the Adirondacks for a week.

I’ll be fishing, drinking, hiking, grilling, sleeping in a hammock, drinking, eating, and all that good stuff. Oh yeah and I’ll be drinking too.

Anyone have any suggestions on fun stuff to do or places to go? Some cool scenic roads? Places to go? Anything?

P.S.

I can’t wait.

http://www.clemson.edu/caah/history/FacultyPages/PamMack/lec124/adirondacks2.jpg

Fuck in a lake.

Fuck a lake.

LOL

You guys are just jealous.

Fuck a fish in a lake.

Fuck while fishing in the lake

I would spend as little time indoors, including in a car, as possible. Fucking climb a mountain.

:word:

---------- Post added at 03:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 PM ----------

But is enjoying a winding road with the windows down and sunroof open really being inside? And we’re planning on climbing Mt. Marcy. That is, if I don’t pass out halfway up.

Sooo, yeah, the ADKS are fucking huge. Where do you plan on being?

Yeah you’re right. I’ll be pretty far north, near Meacham Lake. Less than an hour from Saranac Lake, Lake Placid, and the High Peaks.

I didn’t wanna limit the suggestions right off the bat though, because I’ll drive 3 hours or so for something that’s worth it.

If you’re going that far north, check out this thread:

http://www.nyspeed.com/showthread.php?77896-Had-a-great-drive-on-some-great-roads-this-weekend

There’s a google maps link with a route I created using multi-point routing in my GPS trying to stick to back roads through the mountains. Turned out to be an awesome drive and all I had to do was keep following the arrows on the GPS.

Very cool! I have spent most of my time in the ADKS in the Old Forge area at my familys camp. Old Forge would be quite far from you and although hikes like McCauley Mt and Bald Mt are fantastic, you can certainly find equally amazing hikes wherever you are. The chain lakes and Blue Mt. lake are also amazing…

Will you have access to a boat or kayak? definitely worth renting for a day or two, and a killer workout! Fucking on a kayak on a lake while fishing would be quite a feat.

old forge is more west/southwest in the ADKS,you will be way north!

You know what Jay? That looks like a great route for me to take on my way up there. I was looking for a scenic route and a friend just told me to take 81 to NY 12 to Massena, then down past Malone on NY 30 where I’ll be staying. I just glanced really quickly at the thread, I’ll go back to it later, but for how awesome you said it was I just might do it. Thanks. :tup:

I grew up in Fort Covington so I know the area very well. You won’t be disappointed with that drive. It definitely adds some time vs going up 81 and across 12 but if you’re not in a real hurry it’s a lot of fun. To get to Meacham I’d just modify my route to stay on rt 3 after Cranberry Lake, head over past Tupper Lake, then take 30 north. That will take you along a ton of lakes and should make for a great ride.

Wow I just looked up Fort Covington and man that’s far north! Right now it looks like the way I’m gonna go, I’m just gonna have to figure out how to get that route into Google Maps in my phone so that I don’t need to have a printout of them.

I’m definitely ok with adding some time to the drive, to me it’s about the journey just as much as the destination. The only thing I have to worry about are my friends riding with me. But hey if they complain about the added time I’ll just tell them to STFU because I’m driving. lol I guess I’ll have to make sure I don’t have any coolers filled with ice either! haha

---------- Post added at 04:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:00 PM ----------

I’ll definitely have to look up all of those places. I’m going to have access to a canoe as part of the place we’re renting. Aren’t canoes very inclined to tipping over? So then I guess fucking on a canoe on a lake while fishing would be a feat too!

It depends on the canoe or Kayak. I was on my friends kayak this weekend and it felt extremely unstable… but others have not. Canoes are usually a bit easier balance-wise.

There is so much to explore, and I definitely recommend taking JayS’ route. Nothing in the world better than a cruise in the ADKS on a warm summer evening. You will have a great time!

Gotcha. I guess I’ll have to see what the canoe looks like. Also, I’m really hoping you’re right about how awesome it is to drive up there. Thanks for the help you guys.

Anyone else have anything?

Paging Micah…

Wrights peak … crashed WWII bomber and 2nd highest in NYS

Climb Mt. Marcy. Then go to lake placid brewery (10 mins from bottom of Adirondack loj) to celebrate with an Ubu and a burger. After go to the local cliff jumping/rope swing areas. One is called the Flu (sp?) which is by white face, and the other is Champange falls. Both spots are about 20 minutes from lake placid.