Admin rights.

Rumor has it that there’s a way to gain admin rights on a computer by flipping a 0 to a 1 or something in the registry. Anybody know anything about this or does it vary from system to system?

you’re such a l33t hax0r

:word:

I should be getting admin rights permanently soon, but I’m sick of waiting.

You could just use a boot cd that allows you to change an account to a local admin…

These practices are usually frowned upon in enterprise environments…

lol… problems at work?
At least your not trying to install RSlogix and need a floppy disc circa 1995

Yeah I’ll probably do nothing because of that whole “policy” thing, just kind of curious.

Can’t boot from CD’s. They turned that off, smartly.

they’ve got me on perma-admin :snky:

Fucking rockwell license files. Such a PITA. I’ve got a USB floppy drive if you ever need one.

I’m getting sick of calling them every day so I can do my job. I’ve got a request in for permarights at the support center. Just sick of waiting.

Windows XP Pro? Latest service Pack and updates?

Why not go make friends with the IT folk. (they might resist… you know IT guys)
Rumor has it they are stored in the basement of 10.

XP Pro SP2

I might have something…let me see what privilege escalation exploits still work on sp2

Make friends with IT. My corporate IT guys gave me the universal admin account and password :slight_smile:

wow, thats pretty fucking bad.

Nah, It makes life easy. Whenever there is a pc issue, I can just fix it. They would rather that I fix it than have to deal with the phone calls. I have yet to coerce the server passwords out of anyone!!

How large is the company?

HUGE. somewhere around 14,000 employees I believe. My access is limited to the northeast division though. We are all on different systems.