How to get around windows admin?

Ok, so i started a new job. The friggin security is stupid and is pissing me off. I want to install some basic programs but the security won’t let me. Nothing malicious, just like winamp and google toolbar and shit. How can i get around this stuff. It won’t even let me delete shortcuts from my desktop. That really pisses me off becasue i like having a clean desktop.

Any help for a brotha?

Depends how much you value your job.

They probably view such programs as WinAmp as counter-productive. Also, they probably don’t want your installs to take up any of their net admin’s time when random programs mess up your system. People tend to overlook the fact that what you do to your company’s computer will not only effect you and your productivity, but if it ever needs to be serviced, the IT person will likely have to take longer on a system that isn’t “standardized” like the rest of the company’s computers.

Good luck with that. You aren’t going to get around it would disabling the Group Policy for your PC/user account which means you have to get on the domain controller to take out your account/pc from the organizational unit that it’s in. In short, you are fucked and must deal.

sad, but true.

I’m not able to have anything fun here either.

you cant!

locked down pcs kick ass, keeps all the idiots from loading shit like winamp and toolbars!!!

good for them!!!, im sure the IT guys are happy they dont have to come to your pc to unload spyware and virus.

:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

so true, you’ll get a pop up blocker then you’ll be bitching because you’ll be using something that has a pop up

if you want to be an idiot with a computer, do it with your home machine, not corporate

werd… deal with it. Almost everyplace (with a decent IT staff atleast) has harsh restrictions on shit like that. just be glad that you have sound (they disabled ours :()

lmfao

thread backfire

:lol: word… too many IT admin’s on this forum.

best thread evar…

Just makes it easier when some idiot downloads a virus through email to get the comp back to how it should be

They can see what’s installed on your comp. Don’t bother doing it. Just use Media Player if it’s there.

As far as the toolbar… something tells me that you shouldn’t be surfing the net in the first place.

lol or you can give the IT dude the reach around :lol: maybe he’ll hook ya up

ok, lets stop being dicks and help this guy…this is how you go about the workaround of being so bored at work so that you have to install google toolbar and stuff…

GET TO WORK!!!

ha

talk to the IT kidz and see if they will at least let you move desktop icons around. :gotme:

:slight_smile:

I was going to comment on the toolbar, but after looking it up, it seems moderately useful. But, I’d never install something like it in a million years (unless they paid me or something).

I’m not an IT admin, but I saw the reference to WinAmp and a toolbar, and, well, you know what kinds of users install those things. :smash2:

no toolbars are useful, almost all contain some sort of spyware bullshit that just makes my life more misrable

Thank you, Kevin. I couldn’t agree more.

x2 :noes:

why install that garbage anyways? :gotme: