Another computer question..

My computer ABSOLUTELY will not recognize me as an administrator. I even logged in as an administrator and when i try to install software or monkey with certain settings, it wont let me and tells me that the account im logged in under does not have admin privelages…

instantly reverts any internet security setting changes i make, wont let me open Kaaza, prompts me with this goofy ass box (attatched pic below) any time i go to open a program. Just yesterday my AIM buddylist completly disapearred. All my contacts are gone. It wont let me save directly to by additional HD, wont let me burn cds… :mad:

I tried logging into my admin account in safe mode, and any time i try to open anything it says “file cannot be opened, it is missing a vital somethingtheother”

WTF? Ive searched Microsoft help forums and ran adaware. Im at my wits end.

sounds like time to reformat. i reformat mine like once every 2 months to keep it fresh:)

LMFAO :bowrofl:

may or maynot be a virus stealing teh admin account… i’m assuming iyou have no idea as to the administrator logon? (password-?) … when i setup windows locally i always just set the admin account to a blank password or something easy…

what you wanna do is get in as admin, copy your ‘knappie’ profile and recreate the user directory without all the pRon and bs cookies / IE files.

I would assume it’s just a virus / bug, do you have another harddrive? pop it in as slave and backup then reformat??? win XP is easy x100 to install… i would start backing stuff up :hs:

yeah the admin account is set as a blank password. Even when im logged in under that account, it STILL tells me i dont have admin privelages. :mad:

regedit.

let me know how important your data is… start backing up yet?

i can move everything essential to my F drive, but i dont have a backup copy of windows, nor a serial number. My roomate in college put it on there for me, and I do believe his copy of XP Pro isnt exactly what most people would call “legal” :hs:

If i have to go out and buy windows and put it on this computer, is it gonna give me shit about putting it on another computer in a few months? I plan on building a system sometime in the next few months (or as soon as funds allow), and I dont want to end up buying it twice…

pm me your mailing addy :slight_smile: