Advice on Snowboarding Trip

Looking for some knowledge from those who actually have been skiing or snowboarding in Colorado…don’t waste my time if not…

I’m looking to take a trip early January for a few days and want some advice on recommended mountains.

I have snowboarded all over the East coast and have been riding for 8 years. I’m not too concerned about accommodations, to me its a snowboarding vacation so I need mtn feedback.

I’m looking for places with a shit ton of runs, back country trails, and sick parks. When I go to a big resort I usually go in the park until I get tired/hurt and then ride the longer back country trails and explore, then back to the park.

Any other shit to do while in Colorado would be nice…any plane ticket advice also would be cool. Thanks in advance.

Then youre either looking for Tahoe or Whistler/Blackcomb. CO is played out.

Best parks are in Tahoe imho and best back country is in BC. Any chance I just changed your mind :wink:

keystone is known for their parks, breckenridge is pretty good too. I was really unimpressed with the summit county experience as a whole. Rode at breck, vail and a-basin and found the terrain rather uninteresting along with being way too touristy. Tahoe and SLC were much better experiences.

Whistler would be a good trip, just not this year with the olympics.

UTAH

Reason: Cheap

Colorado IS played out…

Better wear a diaper out west. Tables/kickers are 80ft for the norm out there.

I haven’t been but am planning a similar get away this winter… I’ve been told head to SLC if you want some serious terrain, trails, and powder.

I’m probably going to do both, Breckenridge and SLC this winter. My work has a facility in SLC, and one of my friends sister is an instructor at Vail so the 2 of us are probably going to go visit and stay with her for a week.

Parks are gay.

I rode Sunshine Valley in BC and it was unreal.

I know you said you wanted CO advice, but my honest advice is go with SL,UT.

Cannot beat the terrain and snow there. Park City is top of the game for parks, but seriously, who is travelling out west to ride park? The snow at Snowbird, Brighton, Solitude, the list continues, is unreal.

Just DON’T go in the backcountry out there (or in CO for that matter, the San Juans have a VERY unstable snowpack that is notorious for sliding). It is extremely dangerous and you’ll put other people’s lives in danger if you head out there without the knowledge or equipment to handle avalanche territory.

my favorite is Steamboat because of the amazing back country bowls and champagne powder. I have been to Breckenridge, copper, beaver creak, loveland, and vail for Colorado.

I’m headed to mont treblant.

Drinking age is 18 and it’s college week.

edit: not that it has anything to do with Colorado. Sorry!