Best place to snowboard on the east coast?

This winter my buddy and our girlfriends are planning a long weekend trip someplace. I want to ride some back country/deep powder and at least see an ‘x-games’ quality terrain park (as in I most likely wont hit a 50’ kicker but I wanna see it first hand).

less than 8hr drive is basically the only limitation.

I’ve been told Stowe, Jay Peak, and Tremblant but I don’t know which is best or why. Canada would be better as both of the girls are under 21. ha.

Holiday Valley is gay. I want to ride a real mountain. Above the tree line would be super awesome but I don’t think that happens too much on the east coast.

Sugarloaf in Maine was awesome. 9 hours if you travel through Canada, 12 through VT from Buffalo.

Mont St. Anne. About 20 min outside of Quebec City. Party in the city at night and hit the slopes during the day. It’s about the same size of tremblant.

tremblant is awesome! especially if you’re staying a few days and hit up the moutain village. i didnt really see the terrain park but im sure its crazy. gondola and errbody

Stratton, Mount Snow, Okemo in VT

I’m taking a trip to Stratton in February. I love it there.

Mt. Snow in VT

or

Mont Tremblant in quebec

This is what I’m thinking. I’ve seen videos of their park and it seems ok, nothing too big though. And no back country riding?

a flight from buffalo to seattle is around 8 hours… then you can hit up Baker and Whistler…

just sayin’

Yea but that adds like $500 per person and Idk if everyone else can afford that

They have about 5 parks all different levels of entertainment and skill. Each one is the size of, if not greater than holiday valleys.

The entire mountain is difficult and challenging, there is no need for back country because some of the double black diamond trails are ridiculously twisty and narrow and it’s just a completely different experience than anything you can encounter here in WNY.

The cool part is the ski slope ends up going right through the center of town. If you can get a condo or hotel in the town center, there is no where you can’t ski too or ride a lift to.

On another note, they have the best artificial snow I’ve ever ridden. It rides just like the real thing and is not sticky like kb’s snow is or weird like HV.

Bar life is dope. Drinking age is 18. Feels like a different country entirely because of all the french speaking people.

It’s not as expensive as my vermont trip was.

Wow man, thanks. As far as back country I am looking for powder/snow that isn’t really demolished by everyone. Or where you find/make hand built jumps in the middle of no where. things like that.

Stratton if you want to keep it in the US, Tremblant if you want to cross the border

Stowe or Jay Peak in VT IMO.

You are just gonna have to get lucky as far as snow goes. It gets shitty anywhere if the weather is bad. And the backcountry thing isn’t really gonna happen at a resort on the east coast…maybe if you had some good local knowledge but still tough. If you want to potentially get lost in the backcountry head to Stowe and hike up mt mansfield.

Stowe in Vermont is one of the best. Especially for back country riding. I really enjoyed Smuggler’s Notch in VT for that type of terrain as well…It’s nearby Stowe as well.

The fresh powder/snow is a luck thing… especially on the east coast. As for back-country, never tried it out east… just out here where it’s insane; but can be nasty as well. I couldn’t make it, but last year a few friends of mine out here made it out on a fresh powder day… if you stopped or lost it you were sitting there a good solid hour+ digging yourself out and trying to get back going again… it was about 48"+ of fresh UT snow; just going down you couldn’t see your knees.

Jays peak for pow
Mt. Snow for Park
Tremblant for nightlife

or I’d say Killington has a little bit of all three with a higher elevation and more trails

Also stop being lazy and ski Mt. Washington in NH for some legit terrain.

Ok maybe not powder necessarily just unmolested/ungroomed snow with drops/jumps being a decent possibility.

Stowe and Jay peak consistantly have some of the best backcountry riding and snow conditions for the east coast. Hands down.

ughhhhhhh…

http://www.smithoptics.com/lounge/prospectingidaho/webisodes/index.php?vid=51843