Who's boarded/skied in Vermont ?

I’m looking for some feedback about Vermont Resorts.Where have you been and what did you like about it ?

I’m looking for some fun terrain parks and a good bar scene. More concerned about the boarding.

I was considering Killington and near it. I was also considering Bolton Valley with Stowe right next to it.

I prefer night skiing and i know killington does not have any.

Thoughts ???

I rode at Stowe/Bolton Valley. The back woods/off trail powder is amazing. I had a great time. Been to Killington also, but liked Stowe better personally.

Killington’s a blast and Pico is right next to it. You can do a combo lift ticket for both mountains IIRC.

We stayed right on the mountain in a cottage for a week. Fucking SICK! Wake up…walk out the door…strap on your board and go.

I was too young for the bars but I would imagine the night life is good.

The terrain at Killington is unbeatable as far as Eastern Mountains go. It’ll take you atleast 3 full days to ski the whole Mtn. You will not find better unless you go out west. (IMHO)… and I’ve been to em all.

A little off topic…grab a passport and rock out to Quebec…amazing resorts up there…I was at Mont Tremblant and it was absolutely ridiculous…totally trumps skiing in the states.

QFT…

but you like it better than out west?

I have not been out West yet…but I have been to VT and the Blue Ridge and for Eastern destinations…Quebec is insane.

I would love to get out to Big Bear or Utah one day to see how it compares…but for the $ and travel…Quebec all the way.

I’d put it like this:

west > canada > east

but cost to go:

east > canada > west

ive been to mount snow in vermont
i loved it
it was pretty big
had some sick terrain parks
huge halfpipe
id def go back there
this year im either going killington or stowe
my friend’s aunt lives by stowe and he goes every year and loves it
keeps inviting me but i never was able to make it when he went

I personally like Killington better than Stowe. Killington has a better bar scene than Stowe IMHO. The wobbly barn has bands playing all the time and my recommendation is find out when college weekend is up there.

pills11.com ;))

I’ve been to Killington and Stowe, both amazing times and had a blast. Never experienced the night life though as I was 17-19 when I’ve gone last.

they probably dont have night skiing because they have awesome back country that is impossible to put lights on.

is that an attempt at a haiku? lol

Never to Vermont, but going to Vail in about a month… I conned my Job into letting me stay out in CO for an extra couple days for a work trip… and our Engineering Administrators sister is a ski/board instructor at Vail…

I have a annual pass to Bolton. I like it. I was last there in Dec and the park wasn’t up yet… which is 20 min to Burlington that has your bar scene… stowe is only another 20 min up the highway.

I usually go to Killington/Pico/Okemo when I am home but have skiied most of the mountains in Vermont, some in NH, and whiteface.
Killington has a good bar scene. Killington always has crowds too, mainly from southern New England (NYC, Jersey, Conn., etc).
Pico is smaller but it seems to be more Vermont type people, less crowds. If you get a killington lift ticket you can get a combo pass to Killington Pico. Pico is really starting to suck because Killington doesn’t seem to take care of anything.
Okemo is also decent usually good snow and usually quick lift lines.
if you have any questions about specific mountains/areas just ask

I went to Okemo a few years ago with some friends, nice mountain with plenty of trails.

Stratton is also pretty close to Killington. A few years ago i went to Killington and Stratton for the US Open. I thought Stratton was a lot better.

Killington, Okemo, Stowe, and Stratton.

I personally liked the parks at Stratton the best.

I was at Stratton during that time as well, they had the parks groomed perfectly.

Jay Peak is pretty nice too.

“The Stash” at Killington was pretty decent this year, I talked to one of the builders and they are adding a lot more when they get more snow.

i want to ride a place like this:

http://www.step-on.co.uk/photo/mammoth_park01.jpg

and some place with some sweet powder riding