Where do you go to snowboard/ski?

Where do you go to snowboard/ski?

All i have heard is that kb sucks but i have not gone for myself yet.
I was going to get a season pass for holiday,it’s only $600 if your under 23.
thoughts…

Holiday Valley and Holimont are the best “resorts” within an hour and a half of Buffalo.

^word.

holiday valley is the most enjoyable one. kb to the second place.

i heard holimont is good, but, since the agreement with schussmeisters only allow one day per week for free pass, i’ve never got a chance to go to holimont…

i heard that cockaine(sp?) is not that good…too old…

$600?? omg…$120 for schussmeister = free HV, KB, bus to go there…for the whole season :slight_smile:
phew

$120 for schussmeister ???whats that?i like cheap.I used to go to hv on tuesdays and thursday nights when it was $20 but a got a night job now so i figured a season pass was the way to go.

Can a mod make a poll for us?Thanks

I go to KB, it’s close, and for $110 for 8 sundays in a row, you can’t beat that (I spend more in gas to get there)

X…

Holimont is very good because they’re a private resort, groom like crazy and have the best snow.

KB, good schussmeister price and days available, it is also closest for me

I think I prefer Holimont to Holiday, but I think that’s just cause I’m not sick of holimont yet. its pretty new to me. and relatively cool

kb sucks though, except the park. runs are short, lifts are slow. but they def have the best park and rail park around

kb is good for hot girls who are really shitty at snowboarding and like 103.3 when their there. other wise good skiing / snowboarding is at holiday valley.

i usually hit the terrain park and i heard kb’s jumps suck

KB’s park isn’t as bad as most people make out. If it’s what you’re going for exclusively though, i’d probably go elsewhere.

kb’s park is great for beginners. theres nothing tooo challenging there. HV has some more challenging jumps and what not. i would say that there are no really difficult or really nice parks at any mt.'s around here tho.

best park ive riden in was at killington and okemo

KB

I went to HV all last year; seeing it was my first year I don’t know any other places.

schussmeisters -> Ski club for UB students/faculty/staff/alumni

they offered $120 ski pass for the whole season. However, now the price increased already to $140.

you have to be affiliated with UB though.

www.schussmeisters.com

[left]I worked at KB for 3 years, the people that run the place are dicks. Definitely the best place to go if you dont want the drive, I can get there in 35 minutes from amherst.
[/left]

^is there any good short cut to go to KB from ub north campus?

or just 90 -> 219 -> 240 ?

Killington in VT and Attitash/Bear Peak in NH. I’ll probably going to holiday valley alot this winter due to the discounted tickets I can get. Coming from back east I am a bit stuck up when it comes to the small mountains around here. But you make the best with what you have.

Killington ftw. It’s been years since I rode there.

Whiteface is pretty good too. I should try and make it there this winter.

KB and Holiday around here though. Fractured my skull (technically orbital bone, along with a dislocated shoulder and a bruised hip bursor) at KB once. That wasn’t a fun couple weeks.

word hommie, plus i usually and up drunk anyways. i used to be so good…god damn booze