Planning a snowboarding/skiing trip, Need your help

Over presidents day weekends, Myself and some friends what to go on a snowboarding trip. None of us have ever planned something like this before so we dont even know where to start. I elected to take charge and figure everything out but again, dont know what Im doing lol. These are our requirements:

1.Must be presidents day weekend.

2.Must be at a mountain (Holiday valley is NOT a mountain)

3.Must be reasonably priced.

What web sites should I use to search for packages? Where have you all gone and what did it cost you?

All HELP is appreciated.

I’d say go to Vail, CO, but its a bit much for just a weekend.

Go to Stratton, Vermont.

I planned a weekend trip 2 years ago.
Friday/Sat/Sun on the mountain it was like $100 for the 3 pack, incredible deal.
Me and my friends grabbed a cheap little hotel room at some rustic place in town (like 15-20 min drive from the mountain) and it was dirt cheap like 45/night.

Stratton is a hell of a place to go, especially if you like the park, they have everything.

Or even just go to Vermont and hitup Stratton one day and then drive to Killington or Stowe which both are awesome mountains.

This may help. http://www.skivermont.com/trip_planning/

Stratton -> Killington/Okemo

I went to Sunday River up in Maine a few years ago. Very nice mountain and their package deal was pretty good. It’s a bit of a drive for just a weekend though, we went for the whole week.

A lot of my friends who went to college in Vermont are telling me to go to Jay Peak and to stay at a place called Grampa Grunts. Any experience with either? None of us are big park riders if that helps limit places.

I went to sugarbush in Vt… It was pretty awesome there.

sugarbush was a great mountain but when I went they had shitty conditions. stowe is like 35 min from there and the snow was much better. Stratton is cool, but when I was there too, the snow sucked.

bout to go to killington for the first time at the start of march, looking forward to that.

ya… um

stowe, vt

for the right price you can stay at my place… after an extensive background check of course

[quote=“DrImodium,post:6,topic:39247"”]

A lot of my friends who went to college in Vermont are telling me to go to Jay Peak and to stay at a place called Grampa Grunts. Any experience with either? None of us are big park riders if that helps limit places.

[/quote]

Mountains in Vermont have so many hills you could spend a weekend and not hit every hill. You’d be fine at a large mountain and not get bored like HV and other local ones get if you don’t hit the park.

Mount Mansfield

:slight_smile:

gore isn’t bad and its not that far…

went to seven springs in PA for a weekend last year…stayed in a fucking BALLER chalet with 4 people total and i think we spent less than $200 apiece for lodging and lift tickets…

:tspry:

So would it be a bad idea to just pack the truck, drive up, and figure it out from there? Do you really save that much money by planning ahead?

[quote=“JDMR2,post:13,topic:39247"”]

went to seven springs in PA for a weekend last year…stayed in a fucking BALLER chalet with 4 people total and i think we spent less than $200 apiece for lodging and lift tickets…

[/quote]

7Springs looks a lot like a HV or KB. Looking for something bigger than that.

Mt. Tremblant in Quebec. Approximately 7 hour drive. Place is amazing.

Im assuming that a flight is out of the question… Well im going up to Sunday River in December for only 2 days… Looks to be amazing with 8 peaks and such but the Maine scenery is like no other, so I would go just for that.

[quote=“DrImodium,post:14,topic:39247"”]

7Springs looks a lot like a HV or KB. Looking for something bigger than that.

[/quote]

its much bigger, the trails/hills are all on average two to three times longer than HV, plus more trails to my best recollection

i have a season pass to HV and i tell you i had an infinitely better time at 7 springs and i definitely plan on making the same trip this year…

I highly recommend stowe and sugarbush.

[quote=“Locutus,post:9,topic:39247"”]

ya… um

stowe, vt

for the right price you can stay at my place… after an extensive background check of course

[/quote]

do you have a place for rent by there? If so my buddies and I would def be interested. We’re all good guys

[quote=“Coldaccord,post:19,topic:39247"”]

do you have a place for rent by there? If so my buddies and I would def be interested. We’re all good guys

[/quote]

we live 30 mins away. Burlington so you’d be staying at our place. we have an extra bedroom & a 1/2 bath.