Who's boarded/skied in Vermont ?

Been to Killington twice, it’s my favorite in Vermont because of the riding. The parks are amazing and that’s where I spend most of my time. Killington has a ton of trails so there is lots to explore. The nightlife is average, nothing special but the Brick Oven’s pizza which is down the road is absolutely amazing.

I went to Mt. Snow last year, the parks were pretty good, not as good as killington, but the glades were amazing. I was riding in knee deep powder for hours exploring off the trails and dropping of mid-size cliffs.

I know stowe is very good as well but have never been there. If your traveling from Buffalo go to Killington its not that far and has a ton of good riding.

And also I have been to Mont Tremblant in Quebec and if you can make the 9hr haul it is worth it. Sick mountain, great parks, the drinking age is 18, and there is like 4 bars at the mountain base. Get a slopeside ski-in ski-out condo it is worth it. Strap in outside your front door. And did I mention the drinking age is 18…

I go to Stratton and Mt Snow the most. Killington is a lot of fun too.

i miss the killington fusion zones. and one fast monkey needs to get some vids of killington up on here… when he gets back.

Ive been to one of the smaller resorts, Okemo. It is more geared towards family. I was a ski bum for a week. Lived in the parking lot in a motor home and ordered food all the time and had it delivered. It was awesome.

I was also in high school and cant comment on the bar scene. They did have a terrain park though.

Mad River Glen has opened it’s doors to snowboarders recently. Plus, you get to ride the only single chair in America, recently rebuilt by Doppelmeyer CTEC a couple years ago. That thing is a piece of history.

I haven’t skied east of the Rockies in a while but I used to ski Vermont years ago, my uncle owned the Black Bear Lodge at Bolton Valley. Stowe is pretty sweet, Killington is OK because they have the Pickle Barrel and the Wobbly Barn but it is huge money if you drink a lot like me.

Not to sound like a broken record but, I only ski out west now because you can not even compare anything in the east to Jackson Hole, Vail, Solitude, Big Sky, etc and it is actually cheaper to ski there(again if you drink a lot). I am going to Jackson Hole the week after next and staying at a baller place for cheap.
Jackson already has 220" of snow and several avalanches.:carnut:
They had over 600" of pow last year!!!

This is where I am staying…

$625 flight and room - 5 days. Way cheaper fine dining and drinks because it is actually off season. Yellowstone in summer is on season.

Edit;Factoid: I know the guy that owns the Teton Mountain Lodge (stayed there before too), his parents used to own The Bolton Valley property.
Rob’s wife was the first woman to ski from the summit of Mt Everest.
http://www.jhnewsandguide.com/article.php?art_id=1035

Sorry to babble.

is that with lift ticket? like flight, room, and tickets?

I’ve been to Killington a bunch of times and was never dissapointed. I actually got lost once and wound up and Pico without even knowing it, lol. Took us a while to get back to killington. Tomorrow I’ll be going to Attitash/Bear Peak in New Hampshire for the day, it’s a little cheaper, a little closer to my parents house and not so packed. Sometimes we had to wait in line 20min on weekends to ride the gondola, but on the weekdays it’s pretty light traffic.

That’ll happen LOL

One day I ended up all the way to the far left lift and had to get picked up at that lodge since the lifts shut down for the day. You definitely need to know where you are and keep track of the time at Killington.

No lift ticket but, they have a promotion right now: if you get 3 friends to book flights your flight is free.:slight_smile:

Yeah i decided on Killington. staying wed-sun in late feb. and getting a 3 for 4 pack at killington.

Including gas,lift and sleeping quarters split between 3-4 people its only going to cost like 230 a person.Just add food and booze.

you doin pico too? Sounds like a good time!

Only if we have the energy.boarding 4 days in a row can be rough cause i always push it.