advice paint people

i finally found the paint for my car well i think lol

i am going to go with HOK APPLE RED KANDY B/C SHIMRIN KANDY BASECOAT. heard its a candy apple red base clear not try coat

with a silver metalic sealer HOK

i tried light grey on a test panel and it was a little dark for my taste

silver was a little light.i think i can put one extra coat of red on since its transparent to darken it up. :dunno: but trying to keep it simple incase i have to touch up the car later. and if i use white then i think it will be lighter than silver.

i want to use ppg 2042 clear on top and was wondering what you think of that…i know they say not to mix house of kolors with other brands but was told bye body shops its OK they just want to boost there sales on everything

also my car is a lt1 style car and was wondering what black would look good for stripes roof and engine bay

I know that whatever paint and clear thats on the orange car is fanominal. JJ’s automotive and there painter did a awesome job when they did that car. everyone always comments on how good the paint job is :bigthumb:

rear end first then paint later!

i would def use the silver as a base it will give the red a much deeper look and it will pop out at you. as for light and dark shades you can play with that with air pressure and amount of materials applied. PPG 2042 is an awesome clear but it was designed as a speed production clear, as in baking the vehicles after paint. I would prefer 2055 or the new 3000 for show finishes. 3000 is a little tuff to do an all over beacuse the mix ratio is 3:1 and there is no reducer so you will get dry spots. Mixing paint companies will not hurt anything as long as you use the proper hardeners with each particular company. Reducer is pretty much all the same. Just use a straight black for stripes. And for future refrences count the amount of candy topcoats you apply at what psi at the gun incase of need of touchups!