Advice: Recent Discount Tire Center Purchase

THANK YOU. /thread

I totally agree with you. I have comparison shopped and even taken competive pricing to them and they have been very good at getting my business. I always request that the wheels be road force balanced also as my audi seems to be sensitive to normal balancing machines and they have done it at no additional cost. I have used the road hazard with them last year when i hit a piece of metal on the 290. They gave me a new tire, no cost out of my pocket at all, very cool :tup:

Discount tire owes you nothing. I don’t understand the customers like this, but a car enthusiasts feeling this makes even less sense to me.

Sorry you feel this way. I take full responsibility for the tire as it was clearly no fault of Discount Tire nor the manufacturer. To be honest I had no idea my tires were not covered and it was conveyed to me as such. That’s all. Miscommunication/lack of communication… whatever you want to call it. Road hazard damage *coverage is something worth noting.

Each tire has a DOT # basically a serial number, and each one has to be registered for the road hazard.

So doing one tire and moving it to another corner wouldnt work, besides what happenes when tires get rotated like everyone is supposed to do.

DOT numbers are not that specific. Most of the time when I install a set of 4, all 4 have the exact same DOT numbers. The first set of digits tell you where it was made, the next set tell you when.

C’mon, I do it, but how many people actually do it…a small fraction of the driving population.
Most people don’t even know how to check their oil or even change a tire.

If one of them was made at a later date it would make a difference but i could be wrong, i havent worked at goodyear for 10 years lol

Heard.

It baffles the fuck out of me that people are so inept. Most of my non car enthusiast male friends couldn’t even a drive a manual car let alone use a jack or locate their oil filter. It’s sad.

My grandmother comes from the days when most all cars where manual. She could hop in mine now and still row through the gears like a champ.

I used to do it myself until I found out the shop within walking distance of my office would do it for $20. Not worth my time\effort for $20.

winner!!!

Yeah yeah yeah…

I get them rotated for free at the oil change place. Less than $30 for oil change and tire rotation FTW

I don’t like people putting their dick beaters on my vehicles. Half the time it’s done poorly anyway.

Every time I check oil after its changed by dealership/oil change place etc, it is always overfilled.