AFI S2000...Testing for Modified Mag Super Lap Battle

haha, thats an awesome picture.

new background!

You better with a camera in above location :smiley:

I’m not a Honda fan for whatever reasons, but this car looks damn good Jesse. Must be because of what it’s doing.

THat was 1 of 3 on the car, and 3 guys filming from various parts of the track…they are working on editing the video as i speak :slight_smile:

We ending up running a 1:07.3 … I was alittle dissapointed with the weather, track was iffy and we didn’t want to push our luck with more boost on the small tires. Car was @ 8psi, i think with 12psi we could run a low 1:05 with how the track is setup. New wheels are tires are on order and boost can go up to 16 :slight_smile: Old track record was a 1:04.2 …Tarzan shattered the record with a 1:02.2 lol

Some more pics

what tires are on it now?

255R/235F

We originally built the car for a customer. He didn’t want to cut the body (the widebody is worthless without cutting the factory body) So 255 it was…they would be fine for him. Now the body is cut and the driver is fast enough to use the extra power so a change is needed.

Good deal. Car looks solid. Mid going into some other specs on that chassis(specifically the suspension setup)?? Just curious to know what others are running.

Rain is an equalizer. A good wet tire makes all the difference though. Hoosier rains are the jam, but cost can be a limiting factor for most. Clark enjoys running the wet. I love it. Makes the driving experience more fun/edgy.

Suspension is pretty basic…KW V3’s with custom spring rates, front sway bar. We are working on billet arms also.

I hear ya about the rain, but this is AZ, this was the first its rained in over 3 months lol. The car spun in the second session coming around the turn pictured above…kept it off the wall barely so decided not to push it any harder that day :wink:

Here’s a dyno vid…the car makes peak tq @ 3800rpms and stays above 325tq untill redline @ 8400rpms…its a fun powerband :slight_smile:

VERY nice work. You will have a PM soon about some parts as well. Not for the 996 though.

I was going to get a set of KWV3’s for the 996 (or JRZ’s) but couldn’t justify the cost of them on a basic street car. I got a set of Bilstein PSS10’s instead.

Came across a ton of pics on HT…

wow! just AMAZING

what is that coating on the turbo bits?

probably swaintech.

Car looks awesome. It has to be a blast to drive

is that like the ceramic stuff they do inside and outside of the piping?

swaintech does outside only. ceramic, yes.

does it work like the thermal wrap?

Car loves the rain lol

:lol nice!

just saw this:

1st Place Limited FR
Team: AFI
Driver: Jeremy Renshaw
Time: 1:07.370

Congrats on a win.

How the hell did you guys get 2 seconds on the AWD winner and only 1 second on the FF?