aftermarket cruise control

I’ve come to realize that driving from Amherst to Hamburg and back every day for work really sucks with a shitty stereo and without cruise control. so, rather than do something fairly consistent with my usual ways (which would be going out and buying a new car that has a better radio and cruise control) I decided to just make some improvements to the Jeep. I am not even sure if cruise control was even a factory option on the Wrangler, but if it was I would imagine that it would be a fairly expensive dealer item. anyone out there ever heard of some sort of aftermarket cruise control? are they really cost-effective? I know the obvious answer is put a brick on the gas pedal and sit back end enjoy the ride, but I was hoping to come up with something a little more advanced than that…

ib4jellerpostspicsofhisevoscruisecontrol

Audiovox or Rostra controls … the best out …

D&R Auto Restylers on Seneca st

thanks I will look into those.

oh, and derrick, u still want to tap my oil pan for me?

i will … but my time is VERY limited

i’ve heard horror stories of after market cruise control systems. make sure you research specific brands/items before you buy. if it fails, it might kill you.

I’ve installed about … oh 1000 or sooo … and when or if they fail … it’s ALWAYS in the throttle closed position …

good to know. i’ve never had one myself, just heard recommendations against them. but since you have first hand knowledge, i’ll take your word for it.

I didnt even know this was an option. thats pretty cool, any idea on a total price for a 94 civic 5spd?

i understand, let me know when you can do it…

I found the OEM Mopar add-on cruise control kit on Ebay for $200. I’m thinking about picking that up since it seems to be designed specifically for my Jeep