Air Creeper; baller as f*ck

The Hover Creeper

CREDIT: Davison Design & Development, Inc. and Whiteside Manufacturing Company, Inc.

To provide a buttressed competitive stance for this leading creeper manufacturer, the design team was asked to explore ways to reinvent the traditional mechanic's creeper; create a fresh, innovative identity; and facilitate a regain of market share. The Hover Creeper takes advantage of the air compressors found in most professional and do-it-yourself garages. Rather than maneuvering using wheels, bladders filled with air from the compressor "hover" the mechanic in place under the vehicle. As little as 40 PSI will lift a 300-pound person. Without wheels, the creeper will no longer get caught in cracks or on floor debris. Once in place, the mechanic simply turns off the unit to lower to the ground for added leverage while working. In addition, air-powered tools can be attached directly to built-in air valves on either side of the creeper. 

http://images.businessweek.com/ss/06/06/idea2006/image/hover_creeper_low_res.jpg

at first I was skeptical about needing an air line but there are built in air valves on both sides of the creeper

cool but i wonder how noisy that is. and how much air it needs a minute to keep afloat.

Does look cool but I will stick to my cordless one with wheels.

Very cool to give you leverage when you are down but when you fire it up again i can see nuts, dust and sockets blowing everywhere.

I bet it’s roughly as noisy as a shop compressor. :wink:

Pretty creative concept.

i could only imagine the size of the tank you’d need to use not to over load the compressor

Cant anybody read?? It says “Once in place, the mechanic simply turns off the unit to lower to the ground for added leverage while working.”

As little as 40 PSI will lift a 300-pound person.

and then what jdmsir said.

smart to lower you down for more leverage

yea …

and you realize that a spray gun can overload a small compressor right?

i know this think has to use more air then a inpact … so the question still stands … how big does the compressor / tank have to be to use the creeper ?

and after it get filled with grease and punctured by the small debris it hovers over then settles down on also? not to mention the drain grates under a good portion of work areas. not a bad idea but i think cost will scare everyone away from effectiveness

Not to mention when guys like Don are on this thing, you need some extra hp in the compressor… :wink:

It’s a cool concept, but I’m picturing the massive dust storm my always slightly dirty garage floor would cause.

Of course, repeated use would probably keep my garage floor clean :slight_smile:

i want to ride it like a hover board around the shop… all back to the future like

another question is it’s good at 40 psi but how man cfm’s does that line need to flow?

i was thinking the same thing

thats awesome :tup:… I have 2 regulars and both have the faulty wheel that only likes going in one direction lol

one of those would be pimp

i want for a number of reasons mentioned

if you can afford the hover creeper you have a compressor that can handle it and your garage isn’t a dirty dustfilled hole with debris

NUFF SED

lol

Definitely not true. If it worked well enough, I guarantee we’d have one at my dad’s place and since actual work gets done there, it’s dirty as hell. Semi trucks are not a sterile endeavor.