Air France Plane Crash

401 and 427 closed…

It happened near my work, black smoke everywhere… and no one moving on the highways.

Watching it on TV right now… :shock:
My buddy is actually at work right now in terminal 3…
cant wait to hear what he saw…

Nuts! I had no idea! :shock:

Yeah I should be on my way home now but I work right across the street from the airport practically and traffic isn’t moving at all on my street since they closed the highways…

It’s crazy,

It is totally tragic, so far they havn’t said if there was any casualties, hopfully there was none. It sux a lot if you are stuck in the traffic too, so hot and humid outside too, its brutal.

Yep, I’m still at work, traffic is still not moving.

BUT they just released the fact that apparently there were NO CASUALTIES.

So that is good.

yeah the fire happened close to the back on the desent so they were able to have a landing (if you call it that) and release the slide things before anyone hwas killed. there are a few really bad injuries at teh hospital right now

brock

I got paid to sit in traffic for over an hour because of that.

w00t. Good to hear everyone survived though… pretty lucky considering
the plane apparently ripped into 2 or 3 pieces and was totally engulfed
in flames.

My parents were on that exact same plane in June. When they came back from France. Glad nobody is dead from it.

the whole plane wasnt really covered in flames…more like just the back quarter…it actaully looked like a giant ball of fire

brock

Thank god that everyone survived!

But now i have to wait untill tomorrow porbably before my flight leaves for Portugal, it was schedualed for 8:45PM toay but it got cancelled untill sometime tomorrow, so they say.
I gotta wake up and call the airport every hour now untill they tell me when my flight is :frowning:

I got to smell it at work (I work REALLY close to the airport), glad to see everyone was okay, and by the time I was done work (11pm) traffic was clear anyway, so worked out good overall. Except for the nasty burning smell I had to put up with at work.

I was driving home at about 10:30 tonight, past the 427/401 and still smelled the smoke in the air.

I could smell it at younge and sheppard!

You work near the airport?

What did you smell? We could smell burning fuel or something when it happened…

I work across the highway from the airport. When the flames where high we could see them from the second floor. :shock:

Completely crazy considering the plane crash, power outtage and (cell) phone line saturation… wow!

I was in my kitchen, washing a dish when i heard the accident.

I would like to submit the dish as exhibit A.

Yup, I work in an aluminum plant right there. It smelt like something burning… We thought it was one of our presses or something, so there was a bit of a ruckus with the mechanics running around checking every press. Killed like 5 min of work for me :smiley: