air/fuel ratio gauge

ok i got this AIR/FUEL RATIO gauge for my 95 nissan 240sx and i said to attach it to the oxygen sensor so what i did was i looked on my after market intake and found 3 wirs going into a black housing and 2 wires going into a hole with some kinda sensor closer to the filter its self now the gauge has 3 wires red= acc power black= ground purple =sensor so what i did was cut a small strip off each of the wires on my intake and tried each one and none of them worked so my question is where does the purple wire go or where is the oxygen sensor … but when i touch the purple wire to ground or my finger the different colors somtimes light up so come on boys help me i want to ge this in

and has any one installed a push button start how hard is it to get at the ignition wires

Ok, so the Ox sensor isnt on your intake… its on the exaust… look to see, it should only have one wire… then you can get power/ground from anyplace in the car…

as of installing the push button start … i can do it but im not going to type out how… >.<

95 and newer had a different 02 sensor than the S13’s

They have a 3 wire i think and one after the cat as well.

one way or another the O2 sensor isnt on the intake… it is on the exaust manifold and its the thing thats poking out… if more than one wire… u can trace them up to the top of the motor and try each one… i dont know what colors they are right now … if you post the colors i might be able to find them

I think the easiest thing to do would be to find a wiring diagram and find the oxygen sensor wire going into your ECU and tap into that!

so the sensor is that thing on the right of the engine down low that kinda looks like a spark plug and ya i think it only has 1 wire i didnt know what that was so now ill try and ill get back to u guys thanks alot any way about the push start what is the easyest way to get at the ignition wires or does the steering wheel cover just come off and i can just get at it or do i have to get the key lock out to get at the wires or are they under the dash so i can easyly get at them or what?

:? sounds like you dont know alot about automotive wiring… and to save your ass from lighting your car on fire i think you should let me or someone else help you with your installs

The puple wire goes to the o2 sensor and the black wire is a ground. Make sure you ground the wire to a good chassis ground or your guage wont work that great (They are useless anyway…)

But they look cool!

lol mine made me feel like a race car driver… :E

so can u help me out then man i tried again today and i do think i messed up the wire on the sensor on the sensore there is 1 single wire that comes right from the sensor then it goes in to a plastic clip then the wire gets real thick and is sheilded so i cut into that on to try to tap into it cause thats what it said to do but i think there was more then 1 wire in that thick shielded wire so if u can help me at least get the right wire that would be great

What side of the city are you on?

north but i was talking to hot wheels

Haha I know, but maybe Scott and I will both come and help… I’m kinda busy
this weekend though…