Air intake problems

Ok i have one problem that im encountering with putting in a cold air intake into my 92 plymouth laser. I have a sensor in the filter and need to know where i can get a cheap intake for my car and use the old air flow sensor. :lockd:

just dont waste your time on the intake

see newmans sig.

I wouldn’t bother. I think that car is speed density, you won’t see any “gains”.

+1

not worth the $$$

It’s Karman Vortex, but close enough.

Is this car NA?

A sensor in the filter? Wouldn’t that just be an intake air temp sensor? If so just tape it up somewhere near the filter. Wait for someone to confirm that though.

X3

no it’s a mass air sensor. KV style.

Hm. I think someone mentioned that they occassionally use those for pipeline flow measurement here. I imagine it’s something akin to a post in the flow stream generating vortices, and flow is calculated based on frequency of the wiggle or something like that?

yes a mass air flow sensor. but how would i go about chANGING IT SO I COULD PUT A new intake in? (just for looks)

you can’t. you need to run that big stupid air cleaner. You can make a pipe that connects the MAF to the TB, but there’s no point.

OK, i won’t say you can’t change it, but YOU can’t change it…

you could just convert to a standalone and run a speed density setup… then you don’t even need a mass air sensor of any sort… or even a filter or an intake pipe. OPEN THROTLEBODY FTW.

rofl, truth.jpeg

im looking for a pipe to connect the filter to the throttle body.:rolf:

sorry its been a long time. so for this filter, i can just buy a K&N filter and a pipe and two of those rubber connectors. that would prolly be the only way to cuztom make it. What do you think?

dude, it’s not worth ANYTHING.

AT ALL.

STOP.

putting that pipe on there isn’t going to do anything! At all. If you just want it for looks, get some bondo, put it all over your stock intake, sand it down then paint it so it looks like a pipe… I’ve seen someone do this with a dryer tube and it looked like a real metal pipe…

You cannot eliminate the mass air sensor.

i dont mind the sensor there but as long as it looks good

The only way around that is a GM 3 inch maf. Look it up on DSMtuners.com.

Way too complicated for what you are looking for…not to mention $$.

ok ill go and check it out

its a 92 na lazer its not going to look good