New AEM intake, Where's the O2 Sensor Go?

I just put an AEM Intake on my car and my Mass air flow sensor is just dangling around in my engine, so my check engine light came on. Is there anyway to fix this without cutting into the intake to get the sensor in there? I just want the light to go off… it’s tacky.

Might be a dumb question. But wtf is ur o2 sensor doing in your intake. o2 is your exhaust

You talken bout your mass air sensor??

I don’t know what else she would be talking about :dunno:

black electrical tape

Yeah, my b/f and I were just talking about his. I typed it in not thinking. NE ways, ne way to fix the Check engine light?

Probably your IAT (Intake Air Temperature Sensor). There should be a hole in the pipe for the sensor to go in. If not i have no idea.

there should be a hole. If not u can make one. Or trick the ecu and it will shut off. Resisters are your friend

No, I know its definatly the mass air flow sensor. And there is nowhere for it to go into the intake. My b/f is having the same problem with his car, only It’s his 02 sensor. He is trying to put headers on his car, and he said there’s like 2 sensors or something, and nowhere for them to go. I can’t take it up to Hyundai, cuz they probably will tell me they don’t know how to fix the problem, and I will void my warrenty.

Yeah, but how do I make the hole without messing up the air flow going through the intake?

Drill the whole while its off the car so u dont get shavings inside ur engine. Make it just big enough that u have to squeeze the sensor in. And Use silicone seal to stop airleaks

which u can get at any local autoparts store or walmart

I don’t know how secure i’d feel drilling my $300 intake. It won’t mess up the engine if I do decide to leave it like that will it? The ECU just won’t know how much air is getting through, right?

yea ur gonna get shitty gas mileage and your car could run lean

Well, then, I’ll pay someone to do it. lol. I don’t know, I’ll get it fixed sooner or later. Hopefully sooner.

Thanx guys

Can’t believe ur intake didn’t come with a hole for the sensor. Like adlifts said, u can drill a hole. Take ur intake pipe to shop (not the dealer) and just have them drill the hole for u. U can also purchase a gromit (rubber ring that will secure ur sensor in the hole w/o any play)…i actually did this on the intake for my old car…there was a hole drilled, but no gromit. U can use silicone or rubber cement to keep the gromit in place.

yea grommet works good and its cheap too. Stop down where i work . Its like 10 mins from where u live. If you still live with dave. He comes down . Says 10min drive. He’s actually suppose to come down so we can drop a 350 in his rx7.

where did you get them “AEM” intake…?

if its a real AEM intake it should go in between pipes with 2 rubber couplers…
unless its a fake ebay intake…

my bet is you dont know how to install it and messed it up :dunno:

holey balls. i actually agree with tihs tool bag…

and dalifts… we havent totally figured out if she is talkin about the MAF or the IAT sensor. if its about 2-3" around then its the Mass Air. if its about the size of a spark plug. its the intake air temp sensor. if its the MAF then i wouldnt drive it until you get it put in… because the car is gonna run like poop (im actually surprised that it actually runs as is)