New AEM intake, Where's the O2 Sensor Go?

your car is going to be so fast now.

x2 :bash: stop the internet :ugh:

That year Tiburon has a MAF and IAT, she is going to need to cut and drill a hole for both parts or else your car is going to run like shit.

Tuscani_Chick, if you dont know what your doing, you can seriosuly fuck something up. Assuming your a idiot, which you are, the MAF reads the amount of air coming into the throttle body and adjust the air/fuel ratio for the car. And you also need the IAT for your engine. Splicing in a resistor to the IAT sensor will also throw a CEL. Hyundai ECU’s are extremely finicky.

Seriously, you need to stop what your doing, go to the forum I told you about numerous times in other posts, such at www.newtiburon.com, and ask there. You going to continue to have a CEL and be a idiot by asking these types of questions without doing any type of viable research.

Yeah, I’ll talk to him and see when he’s going down. He didn’t get the RX7 yet tho. So I might be down b4 him. But my car is gonna be in the shop for a while getting the bodykit put on.

I didn’t install it and no it’s not an ebay intake. I got it off of AEM. There is nowhere for the MAF sensor to go.

Well if you don’t want to go do that… call the company and bitch…

maybe a O2 simulator will work in this situation??

Well, its not like I knew about this problem before hand, and I wasn’t the one doing the install. I never put an intake in and thats why I got it done by someone else. The reason Im not on NEw tiburon is because it takes up to a day to actually post a thread.

2 Things:
1.) If the MAF doesn’t fit in your intake chances are its not a real AEM intake.
2.)Tell Joe to take the car to a exhaust shop and have them weld in like 2 O2 bungs. Should be no more than $15-20 including labor.

P.S. What kind of car did Joe end up getting anyways?

Take pictures. I could maybe help you out on Monday.

very classy of you. :rolleyes:

just like the last 10 people said if it doesnt have a a plug for a MAF Chances are is its a 10 dollar ebay special. Thats not made for your car.

V6 or 4 cylinder tiburon?

and which of these did you buy?
http://www.pittspeed.com/uploaded/tibintake.JPG

now i know that the v6 and 4cyl intakes are interchangeable but you might have bought the wrong one

this is how it should be installed
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/3/web/579000-579999/579663_89_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/3/web/579000-579999/579663_81_full.jpg
understand how the MAF goes now? yes thats on a V6 but the 03/04 v6 intake will fit the 04+ i4s. it is an indentical fit.

You’re worried about drilling into your intake, but your MAFS just dangling around in your engine doesn’t concern you the slightest bit?

EDIT: You paid $300 for an intake?!?!?!?! :hsugh:

if it goes into the intake it is NOT a MAF. it is IAT sensor most likely. if it was a MAF the car would not even run

Its the 4cyl. I’ve never seen someone buy a AEM intake and have to modify it to fit unless its the wrong one or a knockoff. Good luck with getting everything right.

maybe u bought the 1 that says “non maf”? usually it goes like this w/ AEM throttle body > first pipe > rubber coupling > MAF > rubber coupling > Second pipe > Filter.

im willing to bet u bought the wrong intake, also u got raped for 300.

V2 AEM Intakes are $240+. A ripoff at best. Buckle up w/ that 3 HP

:rofl: +1 for Zexaccord

I got the intake off of Performance center for the last time. Theres no way it is fake. It is straight from them.