Airbag Light flashing in S14

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone has ever had this problem or knows
how to fix it.

Yesterday the AirBag light on my dash cluster started flashing once I start
the car. I have the stock steering wheel and didn’t fiddle with anything.
Just wondering what might cause this, and how I can fix it. (Without pulling
the bulb out :roll: )

Thanks in advance for any help.

That is showing you that something in the Air Bag system is not working correctly anymore and the airbags may not deploy in a crash. Either pull the bulb or fix what was wrong.

ya i fix them at work all the time. tell me how many times it flashes and let me konw on msn. (it will fash in a sequence and then pause and do it again) if it say flashes 3times then 5times the # is 35.
Il do a free dignose for you :slight_smile:

lol welcome to the club lol, just pull the light out but if u plan on keeping the stock wheel it be better to get it diagnosed i noe its annoying cuz i had it for a while too. lol take electiracl tape and cover it up lol

i know im reviving an old post but its happening with mine too… air bag light is flashing on the s14 i just bought… anyone actually diagnose this or do most just pull the bulb?

Old thread, but I’ve got the same issue…> Anyone know how to fix this?

Is this something that can be electronically diagnosed? Anyone know?

underneath the rear seat, airbag brain, remove? with the battery disconnected.

problem solved?

Had this issue a few years ago.

http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread/159829

Worked for me.

Amazing Thanks for the input GTS and S13GG, I’ll let you know how it goes!

SUCCESS!!! but with a small amendment to the instructions

The initial instructions from NICO are as follows, however I will note a few more details that should help you get it right the first time.

When you get in and turn the key two clips, you must open your door and rapidly depress the door ajar button 7 times before the beaping stops. Then close the door and start.

NICO INSTRUCTIONS:
"Resetting a blinking airbag light.

First of all, while this can be attributable to a bad air bag sensor, it’s best to run this past a dealer first.
If you’re certain it’s not an airbag issue, and you simply want to reset the light (after servicing the airbags or dash)…

Open driver door
Get in
Shut door
Turn ignition to the on position (all the way, but not to start car)
Open door
Reach down with your left hand
Press the door ajar sensor button thing (7) times
Shut door
Start your car…

This should reset the airbag lamp."

I initially tried this after letting the beaping stop and after some of the gauge lights cleared. I pressed the door ajar button in and out at about a 1/2 second intervals. This method had no effect. I tried it again before the beaping stopped and pressed the button rapidly 7 times. You can tell if your buttom depression was successful by watching the door ajar light on your dash flash on and off each time. After I did this, the flashing red airbag light changed flashing frequency to a slower rate, so I knew I had impacted the airbag system. I tried it again and the flashing light went away all together. Thanks GTS and NICO!