Airbag Light Issues

Hey guys, I am having some issues with my 07 Mazda3. I only have 13K miles on it and it is a year old and recently the airbag light has been coming on after about 30 minutes of driving. I looked it up in the user manual and it says that this light means that the airbag/tensioner system is malfunctioning. I took the car to Rohrich to have it looked at and they said that they checked for codes and all they got was a code for low voltage from the battery. They said they cleared the code and checked all of the connections for the airbag system and did not find any issues. This was on Tuesday, yesterday however, the light came on again both on my way to and from work. I have another appointment set up for next week at the dealership, but I don’t understand what could be wrong. What exactly does low battery voltage mean and why didn’t I have any other lights indicating low power? Would it be normal for a low battery voltage to throw an airbag light? And would just replacing the battery solve the problem?

Thanks.

Have the battery tested first before you buy one. Hopefully it’s something stupid like a loose terminal connection or something.

The airbag sensor could test the battery for a certain amount of power from the battery so that it can deploy during a crash, and maybe if the battery voltage is below threshold it’s signaling that the airbag may not function properly during a crash.

What kind of battery do you have? Maybe you should try a new battery if problem isn’t resolved by Rohrich.

I mean that’s just a shot in the dark, but sounds logical to me.

I am not sure what battery I have, whatever came stock since it is only a year old. I guess I will stop by autozone and have the battery tested tonight and see what they say.

did they test the battery or get you a price on a new one? sounds like some made up bs to me, they probably didn’t do shit

I’m thinkin the same thing, because the next day, the light came back on both on the way to work and on the way home. But now it has been like 4 days and no more light. I don’t know what to think. I have another appointment for next friday. I guess I will give them another chance. I don’t know if thie will apply under the lemon law or not. I am considering taking a picture of the dash the next time the light comes on because I would be willing to be that they can’t get it to repeat the error.

any mazda scantool should be able to pick up continuous memory DTCs. even if the light is not on there should still be a code set in the memory which would lead you right to the problem

Ok, so that sounds like it is possible that a low voltage code could throw an airbag light then. Thanks for the info.