Airbag Light

[quote=“Studderin,post:11,topic:33906"”]

have you ever had a airbag of off in your face?

[/quote]

Nope, but I had a belted friend walk away from a crash that probably would have killed him without the airbag. He had some bruises from the seatbelt but still hit the bag.

Saying you’re going to disable an air bag because it might kill you is like saying you’re not going to wear a seatbelt because you might crash into a lake and not be able to get out of the car. Sure, it’s possible, but you’re much more likely to be saved by these safety devices than killed by them.

I’m sure car manufactures are adding more and more airbags because they think they’ll have a better chance of killing the occupants.

There are exceptions. I have one REALLY large friend who drives a Corolla. His gut is pretty much pressed against the steering wheel and if that airbag ever went off it would probably blow him right out through the trunk. That’s a situation where I’d have the airbag disabled. But if you can sit the recommended distance from the wheel and always wear your belt it’s pretty ignorant to disable such a safety feature.