Airport Wait

Any idea on how early i should be at the airport before my flight leaves?

I’ve heard some say, 45minutes, other people say 2 hours.

I’m flyin to Minnesota to look at a truck, so all i’ll have is a carry on.

About how long should it take for me to ge to the gate?

that depends :

when are you leaving? what airline? and are you checking any bags??

my sister flew out last month an got there about 1 hour before, and just made the plane by a few minutes. I would plan on a few hours just to make sure and so you don’t have to run around like a madman.

well since i didnt read the post. If your traveling with just a carry on print your boarding passes out online. Go to the security check point and go to the far left to the employee/flight crew line and go through there the line is shorter. Remember flights begin boarding one half hour before departure.

yeah, i’ll print the boarding pass.

I’m going USAir at 7:30 in the morning saturday.

good saturdays are commonly dead there and not mention Pittsburgh isnt that big oh an airport

good luck, have a safe flight, I think the whole 2 hours wait was just when that whole scare with the explosives in shampoo bottles or whatever. I usually fly a few times a year but I have not flown since that scare. I usually leave myself an hour…

correction its a United flight

82.5 minutes before the flight departs

My wife and i flew to Vegas a few weeks ago. Our flight was 10:45 AM on a Sunday. We got to the Ext term lot at 8:30 AM. We had to check luggage. We were at the gate at 9:15. 2 hours is too long, you will end up waiting.

Yeah 2 hrs is way to long. I just flew twice and the first time I got at the airport 2 hrs before and sat for about 1:30 mins. The second time I probably got there 1:30mins before the flight and still sat for atleast an hour.

I had bags to check the first time but there was no one checking bags in so it was quick and the second time I didn’t have bags to check. If I did though I’m pretty sure I would’ve missed my flight because there was a huge line.

I would still go 2 hrs ahead of time due to the fact that you never know what might happen. Better safe than sorry.

If you have a laptop you can just surf the net, or just goto your gate and goto sleep.

wait is it a direct flight??
what is the flight number??

Yeah so the F#%&heads at United call me at 10pm friday night. (my flight leaves 7:30am the next morning) im out in cranberry eating. Some automated message tells me that my flight was canceled due to weather. WTF. So i went home and booked a flight on USAir same time to the same place. That pisses me off, and even more i booked a roundtrip leave Pit at 7:30 get to Minneapolis at 10:30 leave minneapolis at 3:30 get back here by 8:00. So when the auto voice called it said they rebooked me to fly outta PIT at 2:30pm and arrive at Minneapolis 6:00pm. MY FLIGHT HOME LEAVES MINNEAPOLIS AT 3:30, stupid idiots. So i called united, yelled at the automated dialing service until i got a person, told them how pissed i was, and that i was switching to another airline, they told me i can refund my ticket after my trip. So i am gonna try and do that, This truck better f#%&ing be worth the agravation.

Damn dude they screwed you. We always arrive 2+ hours ahead of time and go to TGIFridays and drink :smiley: