Alex's 1993 Z28 camaro

i am Cameo and this is my build thread

Sooo… I go to Lebannon Valley today to test and tune. I got literally about 10 runs in… I brought the laptop, change my plugs. and did some tuning. well the AFR’s on my car are great now 14.6-8’s well cruising. 13.3’s at WOT my car seems to run better (smoother) but no time increase.

60fts were 2.0 and I was launching at 6000 rpms and bogging down. Tires were sticking big time (correct 6000rpms) and I was hooking…

I wanted other’s opinions on what it might be that my car wont go into the 13’s (and no its not the driver!) my best today was 14.18 @ 100 with a 2.01 60ft. I also tried with the exh. cut open and closed the only difference I noticed is that the engine revved faster with it open., but no better ets or mph’s.
Serious advice would be good. Adam, John or Hank!

suttin is way off my stock car was in the low 13,s no bottle at all

I seriously will let you drive it… I tried letting pete drive it but the guy said he will throw me out next time if I do that agian. because he didnt pay to race…

2.0 60ft… what tires are you on? and 14.1 @ 100 is showing decent power but if youre hooking at 6000rpm launch you should easily be a 1.7-1.8 60ft so something is up. maybe youre shorting into 2nd gear. get the 60 down and youve got 13.5-13.6s in it.

what gears are in this car?

and what size tire’s? 60’ suck. whats reaction time what rpm r u shifting @ ?

what gear r u crossing the line at and what is rpm?

if you got the 503 cam ya should be windin up to 6400 or so ,arent ya runnin the m/t street radials?

yea he’s got 315 M/T DR’s. i was gonna make a pass but the guy saw i was wearin shorts so he told me to turn around…

thats like the mommy and daddy scenario, he told you that as a cover up he said if “I see you try that move again I’ll kick you out!”

Im running M/T 315/35/17 winding at 59-6000rpms shifts and the 60fts suck but I said they hook so much the car bogs down… I have 3.42 and a 2.97 first ratio in my year t-56 giving me a 10.45 launch ratio…

it makes peak torque, at 4500 and peak power at 55-5600

what r ur trap rpms u know when u cross the line and what gear?
i would shift it @ 62-6500rpm.

with that tall of a tire and 3:42 it more like a 3:20 ish i could do math to figure it out but i’m lazy and it is sunday. that’s alot of the reason for the bog and low 60’

In 3rd gear at 5900rpms, and seriously will let someone else drive it i was told by pete one of his friends has a 95 z28 and does 13.9 @ 98mph that why I figure I should be doing mid 13’s atleast not sure if his “friends car” (or his buddys car talk) is auto or manual…

Oh yah the tire itself is only 25" in diameter

theres a link to my launch.
http://photosbyjim.smugmug.com/gallery/8391564_gyLLU#550869292_e2jQJ

uhhh, buddy, a 315/35/17 is a 26 x 12.50 tire. and if you read my post, you would see, 13.5-13.6 is possible with a GOOD 60ft.

cool maybe when inflated all the way. I was also running 14 psi if any ones wondering, I use a tape measure to check.

so you measure your tire pressure with a tape measure? is that what your saying?

That one that went 13.9@98 is an auto.

time for a DRIVER MOD

not a friend or buddy, some rat that had a z28 that wanted to race k 20 last night.

it was an auto he said…

Im trying to stay serious and not be inmature but yes I seriously did… I know… tisk tisk…