alignment tool

need to borrow a clutch alignment tool for a ka24de im having a bitch of a time eyeballing it so im so im just looking to buy or borrow one ??

broom stick … seriously it works better then nothing…

or use a combination of a 3/8 drive deep socket with a 3/8 to 1/2 adapter on it… worked great untill I picked up a propper tool.

Even with the clutch alignment tool you have to put some elbow grease into putting the tranny on and DONT let the tranny hang by the shaft in the clutch or it may grenade on you one day.

Ive never had a hand installing a tranny under a car but it would be soo much easier if you get a second set of hands to lift the tail of the tranny while you bench the front of it. Another tip is to put the tranny in gear before you install it and put the back half of the driveshaft into the tranny and have your partner spin it while your both getting the tranny into place. Grease on the tranny shaft will help a lot.

thanks alot guys yeah i have had alot of people saying stuff like socket,broom stick(brandon) and the handle from a screwdriver…one i get my new pilot bushing in again,i will try it out thanks again

If you got access to a lathe simply take all the measurements and make yourself one. Took all of 5 minutes to make a Pilot Bushing Removal/Clutch Alignment Tool which I now keep in the bottom of the tool box.

i do :slight_smile: i never thought about that one either thanks

wow. so many butcher idea’s. Get the damn tool and do it right.

I have a couple here you can borrow, perhaps…keep if I can find my other 3.

ah sick and its mr mello to the rescue …i gotta pick up some s13 parts from that area i will shoot you a text before i come down and see whats up chris