All Set

problem fixed :slight_smile: thanks everyone

Is this the same thing that happened to your fp green?

too much oil pressure going to the turbo, and pushing oil past the seals. get a restricter

ok dont make fun because i am a still earning, but how would i go about this and get one and put it on?

wait you have no restricter.Ok found the problem steve

same problem as matt i guess. im an idiot i had no idea. :banghead:

You weren’t running a restrictor?

Might have hosed this turbo already.

Steve I have one of these it was 20 bucks, you can have it for 10

im not sure if i have one, judging by what happened and how it keeps happening i dont. ill take it newman whenever you get a chance

'm taking a half day today, I’ll be around my house prob.

im texting you now, ill update this thread after its on. hopefully this can be closed and this is the problem

update: it has a restrictor

the sti is an 04, 26k miles. the restrictor came on the turbo. i contacted blouch today and they said it is because of crankcase pressure. i installed a oil catch can to relieve this and am waiting to see results. i am also going to go through everything 2morrow and check/clean everything. i am also going to do a compression/leak down test to see.

so your dipstick hasn’t blown out of the block right
:lol:

no, lol. it has only smoked out of the exhaust after extreme beating on ie: boosting the shit out of it and such. like i said blouch said to do the catch can in hopes that its not something worse. i hope its not but the compression/leakdown test will tell me for sure. fingers crossed, but if the valves are shot then it will go off the road at the end of the month and be built over winter

your car blows A LOT of oil, i remember the first time when we ran mike’s evo or whatever, after u shut it off and turned it back on again like 30minutes later it blew a ton of smoke… like a-bomb mushroom cloud style

so does this mean that the fp didnt actually have blown seals and it was something else, or were the seals still bad

not too sure, if i had to guess the seals were just fine. id bet a lot of money on that. also im hoping to god its just this crankcase pressure, but if i really had to guess its the valves but idk

Have you done a compression / leak down test on your car? That would be interesting, just to make sure the motor itself is healthy.

Is your car lowered?

yep everything came out good

yea, its lowered on BC Racing BR coilovers
I found my solution, heres what i posted on buffalo scooby i day or two ago:

none of any of my previous turbos were blown. i have found the problem or so i think. today i did a leak down/compression test and my numbers were perfect. then i took off every single intercooler pipe, and cleaned them with brake cleaner and got all of the oil out which equaled up to a pint. this oil was from my blown stock turbo.

the oil just basically flew throw all my pipes constantly and when i laid on it leaked out of my exhaust. now that its out so far i have gone a full day of beating on it to not at all and have had no smoke what so ever. also the catch can i installed is working perfectly too

I thought you were loosing oil at a rapid rate on one of your FP green turbos?