Alldata users. I need something, have $$.

To those of you who have/use alldata. I got to do a timing chain(s) and tensioner on a 97 jaguar xk8. It’s probably just like any other car seeing as its a ford motor, however, I think with this thing I’d rather be safe than sorry. Anyone who could print me off removal and tensioning procedure I’d be glad to hook you up with some $$ for your efforts.

i dont think in 97 that the jags shared motors with ford…

edit NEVERMIND, ford bought jag in 1990

yeah they are ford…either way the motor was redesigned a few years later overseas and all issues were fixed. This timing chain thing is common due to faulty tensioners made of plastic that fail and jag basically tells customers to fuck off and buy a whole new motor for 10k+. This one I’m working on has under 70k on it.

I’m heading over to my buddies shop in a bit I could probably print that and fax or email it.

That would be great…I actually did end up finding a decent amount of info on the web and I think I shouldn’t have a problem. But I’m all for getting a good walk-through.
Damn hard to find shit on a car that yuppies drive and think the jag dealership is the only answer to any mechanical problem with the car. :slight_smile:

send me your email address, I will send you a PDF of the file