Allergies

I have allergies for the first time really. Does anyone have any suggestions on things to take? Things not to take? Should I definately go see a doctor?

Get a neti pot. It won’t cure you, but will relieve much of the symptoms.

Dont take anything. Seriously.

I used to take Sudafed and Benedryl all the time for my allergies and it seemed like they made the allergies last longer and made them worse.

I even went to an allergist (specialized doctor) and he gave me a bunch of prescription samples and every one of them made me worse. Allegra, Clariton, something with a Z and a few others. Most gave me the shits and made me feel worse.

Now when my allergies bother me I just let them run their course and go away on their own and within a week or so I feel fine.

if you have a tough time sleeping because of the allergies, take NyQuil. Other than that, just tough it out, and stay hydrated.

:word:

I used to be really bad with allergies, and the doctors had me on god knows how many meds to take care of it before I turned 18. In the past 3-4 years that I’ve stopped taking meds I’ve never felt better. Just takes a bit to get used to, after a few days you won’t notice it nearly as much.

I like to take Loratadine…my gf/ex gf/constant struggle is a pharmacist and it works well for my symptoms which are constant sneezing, dry mouth, and itchy/watery eyes.

mine have been kicking my ass this past week…i take equate , i’m immune to allegra and alavert

oh u too? I am fuckin dying. Nothing is working. Goin to see my Dr tomorrow morning. The pressure in my head is killing me!

for some reason, mine have been going crazy when i go to work. and its the same way with every1 there. in a way, im glad im not working so much this week. but yeah, i just try and deal with it. if u just stop letting it obther u, it wont bother u. like that makes any sense haha

loratadine = Claritin

that’s alot of titles…

just sayin’.

CLARITIN-D always worked awesome for me.

a person here at work has saying though that rinsing your sinuses with saleen solution helps alot. Get a bottle and suck it up your nose with your head cocked to the side… I’m gonna try it out next time I get bad

Shoot yourself in the head, atleast thats what im about to do.

I agree, if the no drug route takes its course and you’er still feeling like crap do the caritin-d, make sure its the 24 hour.

Just came from the Dr. He gave me a bunch of shit. Sinus Infection. Some shit with some steroids in it, some saline solution shit, and an antibiotic.

iam fucking dieing from them i took clariton and sudafed to sleep last night

lol Equate is Wal-Mart’s brand, not a specific drug. You’re probably either taking diphenhydramine (Benadryl) or loratidine (Claritin.)

What are your symptoms? You want a nasal decongestant (Sudafed - pseudoefedrin) if you’re stuffed up. If you have itchy/watery eyes, sneezing, runny nose, etc then you want an antihistamine (Benadryl - diphenhydramine or Claritin - loratidine.) I don’t care what the marketing says, ANY antihistamine will make you a little groggy when you first start taking it. Claritin isn’t as bad as Benadryl and you only take it once a day. Either way you’ll be a little tired the first couple days you’re on it but then your body will adjust and you won’t get that side effect anymore.

FYI Claritin-D (or the generic) is loratidine plus extended release pseudoefedrin, good stuff.

~Former CVS pharmacy tech (for about 5 years during high school, then college)

allegra d worked well for me last year…but i’m immune to that just like every other allergy drug.

Or get a neti pot.

Just man up for a week or 2, it passes so quickly that I try to ignore it.

Oh, if anyone is going to TMP tomorrow - if you want to talk about allergies… That field should have just finished the job and gouged my eyes out completely.