Allergy crew, step inside...

ugh it’s that time of year again…itchy eyes, runny/itchy nose, constantly sneezing, so much eye bugger that your eyes are crusted shut when you wake up…fucking gross and miserable.

what meds work for you?

what have you tried that doesn’t work?

side effects?

i’ve been trying different shit EVERY YEAR and never can find anything to completely work…Zyrtec is ok but still once i touch an eye…it’s like heroin, i need to keep doing it…and then i’m stuck looking like i was just crying or like i’m completely stoned…which has been getting me a lot of weird looks around the office lately.

it sucks that i’ll have to deal with this until the first frost comes and kills all the plants that produce the shit in the air that does this to me…and then i get to deal with the 8 months of winter…

i am not OK.

/rant.

OMGWTF you’re not ok?!

I honestly can’t find anything that works for me except zyrtec.

I don’t have allergies, but I always thought they were the worst in the spring?

What makes this time of year bad?

I like Claritin. I get the generic brand @ Walmart for like a 1/4 of the price.

beats the hell outta me…

my uneducated guess would be that in spring everything is alive and blooming…now all the plants are dying and getting ready to go into hibernation again, and dry = brittle = breaking into dust and flying up my nose and into my eyes.

hehe, plants are busting on your face :slight_smile:

ugh and don’t get me started on costs…

this is the first summer i’m without health insurance…thankfully they released Zyrtec to be over the counter now…but nonetheless, it’s expensive as fuck when you’re just use to a $3 co-pay to get a huge bottle of it.

now i’m forced to resort to packs of 14 for way more.

Check out Walmart they always have walmart brand generic stuff that says “Compare to Claritin” or whatever it is you’re looking for.

cheapest generic allergy shit works the best for me

bump.

:frowning:
I grew up with really bad allergies. I always had to go for allergy shots, always having my meds switched because nothing really worked… For the past year or two they seemed to die down… I thought i was in the clear.
springtime this year is proving me wrong.
now i’m back on Nasonex and Singular for daily meds, and currently a sudafed too.

this past week has been so shitty… hopefully after everything is done turning green i’ll be back to breathing again.

:frowning:

i think i take claritin and nasonex… usually works good, i just hate spraying that shit up my nose

I take 10mg loratidine (Claritin) and 50mg diphenhydramine (Benedryl) daily for my allergies. I’ll also take epinephrine (Primatene Mist) if I breathe heavy from the pollen and what not.

Some people will get tired/groggy from this combo but it doesn’t cause me any sedation since the meds I take for the past 5 years from my accident.

Zyrtec sucks in my opinion.

A doctor prescribed me a steroidal allergy med but it was so expensive that I never filled it.

Have your doctor write you a script for the claritin (loratidine) so you can get a 3 month supply for $10, where over the counter you’ll pay upward to $100, and diphenhydramine is cheap anyhow.

Mine started kick in a couple weeks ago but I took some knock off brand allergy medicine for 4 days straight and I haven’t been bothered since. Kinda weird, normally I’m dying around this time.

Mine kicked in today…wonderful lol Nothing major though, just a continuous running nose that some knockoff medicine took care of for the most part

i barely got trhough my workout today and ive been havin a hard time for a few weeks now with my allergies. How come its way worse when the weather gets warm than when it gets cold?

ive been taking zyrtec daily for ~2-3 months. ive been fine. normally im dying.

because when the weather is cold, everything is dead, in the springtime everything is growing and pollen is being spread around by insects/wind etc

Never had allergies before this last year, and they just exploded on me, took a while to figure them out and I still need more testing, but a 10 mg Loratadine every morning and a spray in each nostril of Fluticasone (sp?) at night keeps me completely clear all the time.

Took this all last spring.

http://www.herbspro.com/shop/productdetail.asp?ptid=67841&utm_source=Googlebase&utm_medium=HPFeed

Worked AWESOME. If I took it twice daily, I was breathing clear. If I forgot to take it in the morning, or evening, I was a MESS. Cost me $10/month.

I’ve tried all the name brand stuff (claritin, zrytec).

The only thing that works for me is Benedryl Allergy in the pink and white box. It just works.