Allergies

Anybody have them? Getting their asses kicked by them lately? What medicine(s) are you taking? I’ve been taking http://www.brands2liveby.com/uploadedImages/product/Benadryl/prod_benadryl_lg.jpg
and the shit works really well…just sucks waking up in the morning after the night dosage has worn off…

i get one shot in the beginning of the season and it lasts me all year.

I tried to get one of those a few years back…didn’t do shit for me…

i like alivert or claritan

I’ve never had allergies before this year, and suddenly spring rolls around and my eyes feel like they have poison ivy on the insides of the eye-lids and I’m sneezing like a fool. I found a 5 year old prescription of Allegra that I’ve been taking, works pretty good, atleast 'till I run out of pills.

I am getting crushed right now. I am taking Zyrtec, and its doing its job. I take it every night before bed.

nothing here now, but I take alavert when I get them.

claritin non drowsy, FTW

I hadn’t had my allergies affect me for years…then this year i get crushed by them…I’ve tried both claritin and claritin-D…neither worked…i find it funny that most prescription allergy medinces did nothing for me…including flonase(except give me a headache), yet OTC benadryl works wonders

you can get imune to medicine…what works for one person doenst always work fo all

ive had allergies all my life. I’ve been known to sneeze straight for at least 2 min. Nothing helps me what-so-ever. The last thing i’ve tried was Singulair… which kinda not really works ever.

Pseudoephedrine hydocloride. It’s the only shit that actually clears my sinuses.

Yea i figured it was something like that…but the medicines that don’t work for me…don’t work from the jump

I have a raging cold right now, not sure if it’s allergies, but it’s kicking my ass. Hacking up lungs, plugged nose, headaches, sore throat, and my whole body hurts.

Does that sound like allergies or am I just dying?

I have them … they suck.

About a week or two ago my eyes were really bad, which sucks big time for me with wearing contacts.

I seem to be starting to get used to them, like it wears off … But it due time, they will flair up again

My nose is getting stuffy though … I need to start taking Clariton Non Drousy

Giant Eagles knockoff of benedryl works for me and also eye drops.
I’m allergic to fiberglass installation Cat hair and pollens and it works perfect.

I take 2 nightly and been working. No more swollen eyes and swollen hands during the day.

you got mono foo!!! stop kissing those horses! lol just playing…but that sounds like what my father and I had a few weeks ago…minus the body hurting part

what was the horses name

I usually have allergies, but this year I’ve had very little. Perhaps it’s just old age setting in, but I will attribute part of the change to completely cutting out dairy products.

I sort of got turned off of sinus meds when I learned they in addition to drying the sinuses they dry out the liver and other organs, it’s a side effect that’s nearly impossible to avoid. In my searches I turned up some natural treatments that I’ve since tried:

-Sinus douche (as stated before on here, kettle, squeeze bottle, garden hose, however you choose to do it, it seems to help a lot of people)
-Apple Cider Vinegar, a natural decongestant that doesn’t jack up your organs like chemical meds, one added bonus, it also kills bacteria. I would not recommend drinking it straight on an empty stomach as it is a bit acidic. Just using a bit in salad dressing seems to help a little.
-Vix Vaporub, I put a little under my nose at night before going to sleep and it works wonders.

Much like gearhead I went through tons of different medicines over the years with near zero success. It would always seem like one worked, then usually a day or 2 later my sinuses were jacked again, but I often still had the sweet side effects of these wonderful allergy drugs.

Anyway, that’s what has been working for me.

I have horrible allergies + allergy induced asthma + horrible sinuses.

I take Claritin every morning. I take asthmanex at night and keep an albuterol inhaler with me at all times.

Last allergy test I had they tested me for like 35 things…I came up negative on 4.

Best thing to do is take something like Claritin that lasts 24 hours and take it religiously. It won’t work in one day or even three. And try to avoid what bothers you the most. ie…Dogwood trees for me. I’d love to see them all die. At least that’s what works for me.