AlpineSkiier's SS: Present Day

kool kobalt

Everytime I hit ecotec I just spin out!

Word? Thats like three “vtaKKKSSSS” right? :lol

Something like that. It’s pretty intense.

That sig looks way better than the profile shot. I do actually kinda like this car lol.

Finally got around to installing a wideband o2. The plug in the bung on my downpipe was basically welded/rotted in place from the combination of heat and 3 upstate NY winters. It took 2 days of heat cycling/soaking in PB blaster and some incredible clamping force with a pair of vice grip pliers and a hammer in order to crack it loose. :rofl

Since I am poor and couldn’t afford HP Tuners Pro (with wbo2 inputs), I am going to have to splice into my 5v A/C pressure wire and read the wideband’s input through that in hpt. Not a big deal since I plan on doing logs at night when it’s cooler and won’t be using the a/c during that time anyway. :banana

car looks good man! and ill ne doing the same with hp tuners since i didnt get the pro version!
and dynomax superturbo is verrrrryyyy quiet! give it a shot man!

Nah, I am definitely keeping the stock muffler. If anything I’ll add a super turbo between the resonator and stock muffler to make it even quieter. :rofl

i dont blame you man!
plus youll be able to hear that amazing whine more often :slight_smile: cant wait to get mine!

Ninja edit.

very nice , im interested in the silencer delete , any pics of it ? I have an m90 on my monte and usually people metal fill them and 1 or 2 3800 guys have made blockoff plates .

I actually used Quiksteel epoxy. When I did it, I removed the rotors and bearings from the housing and machined the epoxy with the s/c housing once it cured. Then I repacked the bearings and put the blower back together.

That was 2 years and a little over 30,000 miles ago. I’ve had the blower off numerous times and the quiksteel has been holding up great. I noticed the s/c builds boost quicker and (of course) a much louder whine. It’s like a full-scale RC car. lol

Sold by OTTP. John Powell makes those mounts. I’ve heard that Sean/Josh are taking over production of those, but I’m pretty sure their current stock is still ones made by John.

Have you checked out the new site yet? gmsportcompact.net?

Powell is redic active on that site. A lot of knowledge seems to be building up there…

I heard Powell wasn’t making them anymore, but who knows.

I didn’t order them yet, but I plan to within the next day or two.

Just joined GMSC.

Decided not to go with any aftermarket mounts. Turns out my engine cradle was on the verge of falling off of the car and was causing all sorts of clunking/vibrations/noise that I must have gotten used to, because now the car is as quiet as a mouse inside!

Fuck mounts. As long as you don’t use the clutch like a doped up monkey from a start, the car will not wheel hop. Even after the car is already moving, I have my boost limit % down to a fucking science in 1st gear now, so you can floor it and the car just takes off with no wheel spin.

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/3371/ballsom.jpg

Horray.

Just hit 75k the other day. Still runs good :rofl