Cobalt Mod Time

Ok so i thought about modding the cobalt ss any suggestions what i should do first.

spray/ported blower/pulley/slicks

gutthe cats, o2 sim, larger exhaust

Standard easy stuff, intake, exhaust and pulley. Depending on the fuel situation, I would see if your stock fuel system can take more breathing by the engine or not.

custom chip,pulley, and spray

stage 1 and 2, with some nitrous

exhaust and cai have been proven to net 30whpto 50whp. exhuast i mean header, highflow cat, and the rest.

upgraded brakes and suspention.

convert it to AWD, put a BB in it and spray the shit out of it :suckoff:

give it to yer girlfriend and buy yerself a vette.

Well since I have a cobalt I guess Ill chime in here. So far I ordered the Injen Intake, mainly because I got it for $209 shipped, which makes it the cheapest with the most gain out of all available. I wouldn’t upgrade a whole lot yet because the stock Fuel Injectors from what i’ve read/seen are pretty much at their limit, seeing how the GM “staged upgrade” include the injectors with stage one. As far as the staged upgrade go, if you just order stage 2 It includes everything from stage 1, from what I’ve also read. But after inquiring at Paddock Parts and giving them the part number, they couldnt even tell me a price or when they were actually coming out. 1st quarter of 2006 is the estimated release date. As far as a pulley goes, I’m not too quick to change it. The blower is pretty damn close to spinning it’s max RPMS that it is rated for. The upgrade kit includes a 3’ pulley, which equals about 14-14.5lbs of boost if Im not mistaken. It’s really too early to see what mods are out. The exhaust route is absolutely terrible with a magnaflow catback being the cheapest as $500 for a CHEAP one and the extreme end being Corsa and Borla being damn close to $800. I would say do the intake for now going with the Injen because they use this “MR” technology so the A/F ratio is never too rich of lean, and then you can do the madd pimp SSBC brake kit, still pissed cause I can’t get employee discount though :frowning:

no reason to gut the cat…todays cats arnt as restrictive as most people think…atleast on 4th gen maximas

hybrid connection FTW!

not bad…pulled that from j-body.org
[/color]

get rid of those stock rims…am i the only one who can’t stand them?

No, the color scheme they used on them is “dirt mauve”

the stock rims are great, but they weigh SOOO much. Over 40lbs with the stock tires mounted on them. And for exhaust Im guessing Hybrid wouldn’t even touch this car because gasp it’s a domestic! Anyway if the stock rims were lighter I would never EVER change them, they just look too good on the orange metallic IMO.

Who the hell said they don’t work on domestics? They will treat every car the same. Great bunch of guys over there and they do great work. They even got me prices on replacement parts for my girlfriends pos neon when the dealership was trying to give her the shaft.

From word of mouth I’ve heard they don’t touch domestics. Personally I would never let anyone touch my car but a few select people. Also I have never seen any of their work, but regardless I find more satisfaction in doing it myself.

no they will work on your car, it is more of a joke i think, all the work i’ve seen posted on here has always been A+ work.

They just won’t touch 6+ cylenders :slight_smile: