How bout this for the Spyder?

Im looking for a good muffler to get, looking for a deep sound, but not the typical fart can noise, how does this one look? Any suggestions if im only going to do the muffler? cuz i cant afford a full catback

http://www.autodirectsave.com/prod/Custom/Exhaust/Universal_Mufflers/Oval_Tip_5_inch/533513

if u cant afford it, just leave it for now untill u can :tup:

ull be better off

Cat-back or nothing

Trust us…it’s why you asked :slight_smile:

If your N/A and just want a little more noise it would probably work. I put a $100 axle back on N/A subaru and it made it sound a lot meaner. no power gains tho.

know that you might need to get it welded on, and maybe a custom axle section made…just more cost. you might be better finding a used cat-back you can bolt on yourself.

if your just going to get a muffler get one on ebay, they are going to be stupid cheap

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/95-99-ECLIPSE-NON-TURBO-CATBACK-CAT-BACK-EXHAUST-96-97_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33630QQihZ010QQitemZ200149537833QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

voila

What you linked is just an expensive ass fart can.

If you really do only want a little extra sound then spend half that on a stainless steel perf core magnaflow. www.performancepeddler.com type in the coupon code vwvortex4u. The bonus is that it won’t rot out by March like the one you linked I’m sure would.

Viper do you know anything about that catback you posted? I think you were just showing him a better/cheaper option, but I just want to point out to him that I find it hard to believe that an $80 dollar cat back will do anything but fit poorly, sound like ass, and turn into a pile of rust over the course of a single Buffalo winter.

[quote=“BikerFry,post:7,topic:34985"”]

If you really do only want a little extra sound then spend half that on a stainless steel perf core magnaflow. www.performancepeddler.com type in the coupon code vwvortex4u. The bonus is that it won’t rot out by March like the one you linked I’m sure would.

Viper do you know anything about that catback you posted? I think you were just showing him a better/cheaper option, but I just want to point out to him that I find it hard to believe that an $80 dollar cat back will do anything but fit poorly, sound like ass, and turn into a pile of rust over the course of a single Buffalo winter.

[/quote]

sadly you would be surprised at how well that ebay stuff works… it just gets a bad rap cuz its on ebay… but yes it will sound like ass…

all cat backs are going to sound like ass on that car… i dont think ive heard a nice sounding one…

[quote=“Viper966,post:8,topic:34985"”]

sadly you would be surprised at how well that ebay stuff works… it just gets a bad rap cuz its on ebay…

[/quote]

Really? Yeah I guess I pretty much write off any no-name ebay exhaust. That’s cool though.

[quote=“Viper966,post:5,topic:34985"”]

they are going to be stupid cheap

[/quote]

Stupid cheap for sure and I had an ebay exhaust on my old teg and it was fantastic for the money.

[quote=“STEALTTH,post:3,topic:34985"”]

Cat-back or nothing

[/quote]

x2 Why not just save up a little more and get some performance gains out of it, especially if you are considering modding a little further (which is the impression I’ve gotten from your other posts).

putting an aftermarket muffler on a stock exhaust is one of the poorest mods you can do to a car.

see also: neon, LEDs, chrome wipers, pink headlight film

if you can’t afford a cat back, you can’t afford to own a car…much less modify one…

[quote=“90NA300ZX,post:12,topic:34985"”]

if you can’t afford a cat back, you can’t afford to own a car…much less modify one…

[/quote]

really? I just sold a car for less then my $1350 Corsa cat back, weird :slight_smile:

haha ok,well the only reason im reluctant to buy a full catback is because my car is an automatic, which from my previous posts ive found is basically pointless to upgrade unless its visually, so i figured if i can improve on the image and maybe the sound (the muffler) it wouldnt be too bad, this car is mine for atleast 4 years till its paid off, so untill then i want something visually attractive and sounds good too

[quote=“BikerFry,post:7,topic:34985"”]

[/quote]

which muffler in particular can i use that discount code on? link?

That muffler is a $30 buy on ebay, and yes it is ricey and is likely to sound like shit…

Catback ftmfw…

[quote=“ZOMGVTEK,post:16,topic:34985"”]

That muffler is a $30 buy on ebay, and yes it is ricey and is likely to sound like shit…

Catback ftmfw…

[/quote]

in regards to that ebay one? or to the magnaflow ones?

Step 1: save up more money

Step 2: get cat back

Step 3: ???

Step 4: Profit

[quote=“Motocrossx23"”]

Im looking for a good muffler to get, looking for a deep sound, but not the typical fart can noise, how does this one look? Any suggestions if im only going to do the muffler? cuz i cant afford a full catback

http://www.autodirectsave.com/prod/Custom/Exhaust/Universal_Mufflers/Oval_Tip_5_inch/533513

[/quote]

Deep Sound? Try this:

http://www.russellbeattie.com/notebook/images/folgers.jpg

[quote=“newman,post:11,topic:34985"”]

putting an aftermarket muffler on a stock exhaust is one of the poorest mods you can do to a car.

see also: neon, LEDs, chrome wipers, pink headlight film

[/quote]

Word…I hate those guys.:smiley: