Stealthy Exhaust

Hey guys, my car’s exhaust pretty much fell off. lol

I’m going to have to buy another exhaust. I’m planning on a mild KA-T setup, so I’m going to go with a 2.5" to minimize noise. I don’t want a ticket, I don’t want to sound like a civic either.

I have come to the conclusion that the BRM dual tip 2.5" or the Megan Type 2 2.5" dual tip are the best option for me. Fucking expensive though, especially if I buy a high flow cat. I’m looking at upward of $800 just for the exhaust + cat + hangers.

Any other suggestions for a stock looking 2.5" exhaust? Or if you have something for sale without a canon tip let me know as well.

The reason I didn’t post this as a WTB thread is so that a discussion could go on about exhausts.

Has anyone gotten a custom exhaust made for them? How much did it end up costing you (stainless steel piping, resonator, high flow cat…etc)? Are you happy with the setup?

I know 240sxcv got a BRM, and he STILL got an exhaust ticket, so wtf? lol

Thanks for the advice guys!

Zilvia, sponsors section has Apex’i exhausts on sale. Your turbo vehicle won’t sound like a civic the turbo muffles it.

Nah thats cause mine is NA and has 4-2-1 dc sports headers… plus with the chain guide removed it does sound like a honda lol… badass on track, not cool on street… still not as loud as other brands or 3" exhausts but eeh… yeah, plus cops are getting more anal so yeah.

As turbo its gona sound like a v6… I’ve heard a ka-t with a 2.5" brm… its nice and quiet… yet sexy… should be a vid on youtube with one.

This is what im talking about,

Looks like a 3" fart can… i mean quality but still.

Yeah, I can’t stand those cannon 3" tips, they look disgusting. That polished magnaflow muffler on the BRM is teh sex. I absolutely love it. I really need to hear it in person, every S14 I’ve heard on youtube sounds great, but the S13’s sound raspy. What’s up with that? Could it be the 240/248 cams, or did they all have something rattling? lol

get that megan twin tip from varun. it looks good, sounds nice, and pretty good price too

Apexi Hybrid Megaphone, i Have fell in love with that exhaust,

The megan twin tip sounds really nice, its not very loud, and has kind of a sleeper look

http://www.meganracing.com/products/product_detail.asp?prodid=624&catid=126

here she is

heres the review on the megan type 2, i did some research on it too

varun has it for a good price should contact him if he hasnt contacted u already lol.

I made a 2.5" exhaust for my car. It has a hollowed out cat, Flowmaster 40 series muffler where the resonator normally is and a pipe from there out the back of the car. Cost me under $200 for the muffler and piping and nothing for labour since I built it.

First made it when I had a KADE with basic mods, did not sound anything like a honda… didn’t really sound like a 240 either. It had a deep tone with the hollowness you hear from a muscle car or straight piped car… you don’t get that with a can style exhaust. It wasn’t overly loud either.

I have an RB25 going though the same exhaust now and i think it sounds incredible… though I would like it to be a bit louder, it’s pretty quiet with the turbo muffling it now. I’m thinking about building another one in 3"

Plus I don’t get a second look from cops since there isn’t any disgusting shiny can hanging off the back of the car. Never been pulled over or even followed with this exhaust… been rocking it for months now.

if you want stealth go with apexi noir or ws2 and rsr ex-mag or fujitsubo

megans exhausts are shit - id get a ebay one or get one made …

no use buying brand name - at the end of the day its just Piping.

and get a 3" for a ka-t

very true!.. but i wanna say my pipe is better than yours!! lol

After reading the review on the Megan Type 2, that fucker is out the window…wow fail. Thanks Hailex for that insight…good thing I didn’t purchase it.

I went back and checked the price quote I got from Greg last year about the BRM 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with the dual tip magnaflow muffler and a high flow cat. The total was $740 USD shipped to Canada. This is before customs and currency conversion…I’m still considering it since there’s practically NOTHING else in the market which doesn’t completely fail. (cannon tip, fake mufflers, rust prone, loud as fuck, cheap quality). Another option is getting one fabbed by draggone, and buying a magnaflow dual tip muffler for the end, but we all saw how awesome those bends were on the 2JZ exhaust. lol don’t kill me. :stuck_out_tongue:

Here’s the breakdown of the BRM system for anyone interested:
High-Flow Cat - $135
2.5" Stainless catback - $430
Resonator - $70
Dual-tip Muffler - $30
Shipping to CAN is $75

240sxcv, how much were you charged for…err raped by customs?

R33, I’m going to stick with 2.5". Even AZhitman’s using a 2.5" exhaust on his KA-T vert, making nearly 400whp IIRC. I don’t even plan to go over 300whp, so 3" is not for me. Thanks for the suggestion though.

240SXtacy, I’ve read reviews on those exhausts, they’re alright…but still have that fail large cannon looking tip. I’ve grown to detest them over the years. Still the reviews weren’t too bad for those!

This is a very helpful thread, thanks guys!

I paid around 600 shipped with 2.5" ss piping, 22" resonator, dual tip muffler and catco hi flow cat… sick deal dunno how because when i calculated it was more but somehow he gave me this deal… :slight_smile: but i cant remember customs… my parents paid LOL… i shipped to their home i dont think it was more than 100 bux… eeh customs are gay i know.

My own opinino though if i were to do it again id find a shop that can do locally SS piping thats mandrel bent… get magnaflow or borla or flowmaster resonators/mufflers and call it a day… only domestic resonators/mufflers id consider (quality). Uh no thanks for canadian tire/ebay vibrant brands/etc…

Eh… if i went v8 already id sell u my exhaust LOL… You’d be more than fine on a 2.5" it’ll be stealth and sexy… i tried finding that video for you but i cant find it… sounded like a brupping v6 that spools sexy with the turbo…

lol… if cops were not gay I’d run a straight pipe aka the knock off one bings sells… that shit is bad ass especially with the angled dual tip :smiley: but i still street the car so meh… and as u know cops harassed me as is… soooo stick with the 2.5 + turbo to muffle = win

$600 CAD shipped? I hate you, FUCK. My quote before any other fee is $740 USD. wth? I will get $25 off if I order before Christmas, but that’s not gonna happen, I start work in January. Fail.

Regarding the local shop suggestion, I’ll give Sasha a shout. I went online looking at the Magnaflow mufflers, they’re selling for $200+ USD, just for the muffler. Weirdly expensive…

just pm varun, he has more than just 1 exhaust.

Go big or go home.

Drop in an RB and make a 3" straight pipe with an in yo face 4" SS tip!!

Never been bugged.