Cat-back for the Spyder? *CUSTOM MANDREL BENT PIPING?* 2ND PAGE

Question/Opinion on cat-back exhaust for the eclipse…

What works, what doesn’t?

Brands Recommended, brands not recommended?

I’m not looking to build my own btw, I don’t have the experience or time to.

I’m planning on going 2.5in and no bigger, since anything over 2.5in is just not necessary. Must be stainless steel, don’t want/need a huge outlet (no need for a 4 inch outlet, i’m not looking to shoot melons (chino lol.)

So anything you guys recommend would be great, thanks!

Stock.

stock is boring lol.

Boring > Farting

not all catbacks will be farty.

do you even like cars? gtfo.

you’re on the right track with what you want. stainless will last you a LONG TIME and while it may not make your car any faster, a deep (and more audible than stock) exhaust can actually help you drive, since your ears will become finely tuned and you’ll have no need to look at the tac.

look for something that doesn’t have a CANISTER style muffler. Borla might make something you can use. Look for something with a resonator too…

I’ll rephrase: In my opinion an NA automatic eclipse vert with painted interior pieces would just be made worse by an aftermarket exhaust system.

i agree lol

exactly, sooo…your suggestion? lol

hahaha, ass.

see edit.

yeah i’m not looking for performance or anything, just maybe a deeper sound than stock and visually more appealing than the dual outlet OEM one (previous owner put “chrome” tips on them lol)

Sorry, couldn’t resist.

Anyhow, one route a few people have recommended on here is to check with Mufflerman on Delaware in Kenmore. I would consider checking with them for a price to weld up mandrel bent stainless pieces with maybe a magnaflow resonator and muffler. You can get universal stainless magnaflow mufflers pretty cheap from places like performancepeddler.com. I don’t know if it still works but using coupon code “vwvortex4u” used to knock like 30% off the price of exhaust stuff there.

fuck mufflerman. they are WAY overpriced.

there has to be a million premade exhausts for his car, no need for a custom job.

WE DID THIS ALREADY

http://nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37567&highlight=muffler

http://nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36586&highlight=muffler

your an idiot

is a muffler that big of an investment that you have to make three threads?

i know but im looking for the whole exhaust, i decided on not cheaping out and buying just the muffler, cuz as newman said, and i may be paraphrasing, but its “one of the poorest mods you could do to your car”

im just curious as to what i have out there other than just mufflers, it may not seem like alot to some, but if im going to spend upwards of 700 on an exhaust system, i wanna make sure i got my bang for my money

:picard:

he was asking for a performance muffler there. that’s straight ricer.

now he is asking for a 2.5" stainless catback. this is worlds apart, and actually is a reasonable thread. that thread was so convoluted that bumping it with new info would have been pointless.

here’s a magnaflow one, but the sound clips sound pretty shitty:

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/shopexd.asp?zone=Sport&id=237

thank you lol. i thought someone would agree with me on this one.

my buddy has a greddy catback on his prelude that sounds awesome. I would recommend it.

i do like that magnaflow system alot, its listed for the 2.0L RS/GS though, since i have the 2.4L GS would that make any difference for installation?