Cat-back for the Spyder? *CUSTOM MANDREL BENT PIPING?* 2ND PAGE

Apexi World Sport Cat-back…nice deep tone…also if Stillen makes one its got a nice tone too…i have one on my Spec V

i’m not sure. but i think it sounds like shit.

i searched around for a better clip and it sounds pretty good, that video clip does sound like shit lol

does anyone know if there will be a problem if i bought the 2.0L cat-back for my 2.4L? Is there a difference at all?

call magnaflow?

i did but the tech there wasn’t sure about it, he said if anything id be chancing it because the convertibles have a bracing underneath that might interfere with clearance of the exhaust

ok so i’ve called around and for the 2.4L its impossible to find a complete cat-back…cool. So my question is now: Where or Who would be the best bet for making a custom mandrel bent 2.5in stainless exhaust around here? I want quality, but at the same time, i cant be paying an arm and a leg for it either.

umm mufflerman i believe? so how about that magnaflow for my car? :smiley:

mufflerman = crush bends. as do most muffler shops.

best bet is to buy the bends (columbia river mandrel bending) and drop it off at a performance shop

hmm i didnt know mufflerman was crush bent…

chris if you bought bends im sure cky89 would weld it up for ya.

my GM wasnt there when i went to get my paycheck, but i work with him on friday so thatd be sweet, maybe ill say im buying “dual” mufflers for my car lol

would it be best to give them a call and order the right bends or should i spec out what i need and order accordingly?

i would jack your car up, put it on stands, and make a template of the stock exhaust out of cardboard…then measure what you need and order accordingly.

hmmm, i guess my car is due for a “battery inspection” soon then lol, cuz thats the only way im going to get it up on the lift without getting yelled at lol

yeah cause your battery isn’t under your hood or anything :picard:

the bends from that place are very fairly priced. just try to get it all in one order, to cut down on shipping costs. the bad thing is you’ll never know exactly how much and what to get. i must have had at least 4-5 shipments from the so far for this build, at $15 a pop. at least the prices and selection are good. can’t go wrong for ~ $14 on average for a u-bend. but im using raw mild that will be coated

at pepboys they just need a workorder written up to bring there cars in the shop(insurance bs). battery inspections are a free service. you should write it up under alignment check fyi.

i work at pepboys. that was a sarcastic comment lol, they dont care as long i pull some sort of work order lol

yeah i think im going to go with them for pipes, they are pretty well priced, once i get over this flu/cold im going to bring my car into work and figure out what bends and lengths i need i think