Wanted: Online place to buy QUIET muffler/Cat

For those of you that don’t know, which is most, I’ve obtained the loudest 240sx on the planet over the winter. Now that I can stand being under the car for more than 5 min, I want to save my hearing and get a new cat and muffler.

I do NOT need performance/anything flashy. Just cheap and quiet. No intentions of making the 240 go fast, thats what the R1 is for and the 280Z will be for.

I looked on ebay but anything that comes with a “free” silencer scares the poop out of me. The cat I believed is clogged (car ran rich when I bought it) , and even if it isnt, it’s the time I want to take care of it anyway.

Looks like who ever hacked the current exaust together just did a bad weld job, so no flanges, I’ll weld the new stuff on.

I’m happy to admit I know squat about mufflers and sound, other than I want to shoot myself everytime I go over 2k rpm. Any suggestions?

i would just go with a flowmaster muffler and a new cat. should be a nice exhaust tone that is quiet.

check out www.jegs.com

edit: http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10001_10002_746368_-1_10265

in all honesty…go get a “cherrybomb turbo II” muffler from autozone for $20…it looks the same as a flowmaster and is a decent tone yet quite. and it has 2.25" inlet and outlet i beleive.

why not see if anybody has a stock exhaust laying around for a 240?

Why a cat? just buy a new muffler and weld in new pipes.

[quote=“01AudiS4,post:5,topic:27595"”]

Why a cat? just buy a new muffler and weld in new pipes.

[/quote]

I mentioned that the car was running rich and it may have clogged the cat, so while I’m at it, not a bad time for it to be replaced.

[quote=“Viper966,post:4,topic:27595"”]

why not see if anybody has a stock exhaust laying around for a 240?

[/quote]

Who ever had this thing did a hack job with shitty welds. Doesnt matter what car it’s from, it’s going to be cut and rewelded anyway. They did use new pipes so at least it’s salvagable.

I would go online and check www.hybridconnection.com and www.innovativetuning.com