aluminum sub frame bushings.

who has some? i need to know the mesurements. id like to make my own with a little “twist”

I believe I have some sitting in my basement…let me know the measurments you need.

all of them lol, if you have a set of calipers, im going to make them from scratch on my laith. even if someone around me has them id be glad to come and mesure them myself…

http://images.micron.com/images/education/math/machinist.gif

thats somthing like what im looking for, i just need to know the exsact mesurements to make them…

i say just grab em from bing, i like the mounts i got off of him. exactly what is this twist

Man… with a Laith it sounds like these inserts are going to have one CRAAAZY twist!

^^ hahaha such a crazy twist

just because you dont know how to use one dosent mean you should hate on me

im not going to buy some from bing because im not spending 80 bucks for dick fucking all.

Nope I have NOO idea how to use a “laith”

I’ve used this thing once or twice in my shop though… might do a better job then a “Laith”… any idea what its called??

http://dustin.jetstreamhosting.com/newtoy.jpg

Since you see to need as much assistance as possible here…

Let me google that for you.

holy shit i havent seen one of those for years, there awsome machines. you can cut stainless like its plastic.

looks like a gas bbq to me. it could be car hoist also tho…

stole farmers. thanks everyone. lock.

hahaha bad timing…

Are you serious ?

Working as a custom fabricator for half my life and actually having a lathe and mill at my disposal I still gave Bing the $80 for the Bushings because it would cost me more than that trying to machine them myself in just time/labour…

And have re-done my entire under body, I cannot think of a single “twist” or “improvement” one could make to a Solid Bushing.

And Dustin… This thing is bad ass!

http://dustin.jetstreamhosting.com/newtoy.jpg

It is so similar to ours its not even funny… except ours is an ugly green vs ugly yellow, hah.

i figured it out. its a log splitter.

very true it could be a log splitter…

since when is everyone up in arms about bad spelling and bordom? so i want to make my own bushings? who cares.

yeah mine is a newer model craftex its awsome for what we do but sometimes its just to small to handle thick and hard material. the other day i was turning down 5 inch solid stainless stock, needless to sayyyy it was a bitch. i wish i had a bigger more stable machine at times but i have no room for it lol

Well technically I don’t care and I’m not all up in arms…

All I’m saying is I’ve been there and work as a fabricator and have done my share of machining and it would be down right ridiculous for me to spend the time, effort and material to make something that I can buy for $80.

Now if they were $800… sure I’d be making my own.

And after trying to think about your “twist” all I can think of would be making them thinner so that the Subframe sits closer to the floor “which would lower the rear end by raising the Subframe slightly” but would also make clearance issues between the Floor, Subframe and Diff.

yeah but i dont pay myself when i work for myself… so it would cost me 5 bucks and an hour or 2 and saves me 75 bucks…

i have to pay rent and ins. and food and all that other bullshit like everyone else, a 100 bucks here and there makes a difference in my wallet.

so you get aluminum roundstock for free? sweet…

If you were to strole down to the metal supermarket, I’m sure it’d cost me $50 for "3 roundstock - "8 length…

plan on using steel or something else?

I gladly bought/traded for mine.

yeah i have tonns at the shop left over so i just use it, now ppl have a problem with me getting free stock? damn.